High tide or Low tide?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

I was always told high tide was the time to go fishing,is this true? or do you catch just as many fish on low tide?

Miliwolf
    Participant

Depends…

On moderate, to deeply shelving surf beaches I prefer over high.

On shallow beaches I prefer low.

In the Sounds it does not matter.

yellowfin
    Participant

Don’t really worry about the tide but if fishing somewhere like the pier incoming and high is probably the best. Only times I’ll check the tides are if I’m going to the beach just so I know what it’s doing otherwise I fish over any tides and can’t really say I’ve noticed much difference.

fishforpot
    Participant

Tide means nothing , other than its not worth fishing outgoing tide when its rough , you will lose a heap of gear
    If the receeding channel doesnt bury your sinker etc it will bury your line , which you will notice when its heavy to retrieve then SNAG , your screwed

Time of day is way more important ….I only fish the first 2-3 and the last 2-3 hours of daylight …..unless its a lovely day and Im bored shitless lol

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Bite times play a much bigger role than is realised and also high can be good iv personally had just as much success with catch rates over low. But this said i catch more rig over low tide than high but all the big schoolies iv ever caught have been over a incoming tide in the evening.

HIPP
    Participant

I would have to say the same about Rig, either side of low tide and change of light together has been most productive, but as you all know you can catch them any ol time.

That said the Eles we got the other week were on an incomeing and nearly high tide and change of light.

Miliwolf
    Participant

I have caught all of my big sevengillers and schoolies a hour or two either side of high. Time of day did not seem to matter. Tides and forecast are looking good for rig (IMO) this tuesday so would probably target them that night.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.