heaps of fish

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    mulletman
    Participant

there have been heaps of rig and elephant fish chaught off new brighton waimari and south shore i caught a 12 pound rig in just 5 minutes of the bait being in the water.there have been hunderds of eles and rig caught at spencer park :)

PierMaster
    Participant

LOL

rdeejay
    Participant

next thing we know snapper will be caught off the beach and pier

fishforpot
    Participant

Heard that myself this arvo , was in buying hooks

5 people using a torpedo at Spencers last Thur I believe it was ….11 elephants , and 14 rig or something on their first ever set with their just aquired torpedo ..

They set it once more , and all 5 took home their limit of 5 elephants and 5 rig each

Pretty impressive effort first up …..50 hooks set , 25 elephants and 25 rig caught ….Ya couldnt do any better if ya tried …

That’s 6 people I can think of now that might need to look into buying quota for next season lol

rdeejay
    Participant

man who the heck needs that much? 1 rig or ellie keeps me and the missus well feed but 5 of each ffs! and bah using a torpedo is just cheating, use a damn rod and get ya feet wet.

Miliwolf
    Participant

I personally do not see the fun in long line fishing… I admit it can be a productive and quick way to full the freezer but I go fishing for entertainment. I find it quite enjoyable watching them pull in a line covered in dogfish, feel a bit sorry for the doggies because they would be in for a rough release.

Long lines are still better then set-netting and trawling.

PierMaster
    Participant

this is a surfcasting forum not a longline forum

fishforpot
    Participant

Bidding to become a moderator ? or trying to crack the 100 posts lol

PierMaster
    Participant

neither :)

yellowfin
    Participant

lol shot andrew

Yakkaman
    Participant

Anyone caught anything at black rock lately?

yellowfin
    Participant

ask mulletman

he mite of caught another 40 rat kingis

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.