Harrison or Tri Cast surf rod

Posted By yellowfin On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 7 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  yellowfin 5 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

yellowfin
    Participant

Looking to pick up a new surf rod, let me know what you think of these rods.

Cheers

yellowfin
    Participant

I own both of these rods and prefer the black Tri-Caster. There are several later versions of these rods. The red Kilwell Twill Weave is surprisingly good also – just as good as either of these in my view. If I had to choose I would take the Tri-Caster. This one is the most expensive but that isn’t the reason I like it. :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

I guess it all depends on how much nuts your going to put behind your casts
    If your gunna spend 1000s on kilwell xantus like “sharkslayer” lol and then get out cast by 40m by a finnor offshore 8500 and 16″ finnor rod
    Then dont waste money.
    :P

yellowfin
    Participant

Giday

Yellowfin whats a black tri caster.
    Cheers

yellowfin
    Participant

One thing to keep in mind when distance casting for salmon with a long rod is to use the correct weight ticer for the blank. If your ticer is too light your rod won.t fully load up. For example if the rod was designed to work at its best with a heavy 85g ticers and you are using 55 or 68g you will get less distance.

croozer
    Participant

I own/built a century rod for salmon distance casting. This outfit casts 20 m past everything else, and is a joy to use. Not cheap, but very,very good. In my opinion, both the Harrison and the tri-caster are a little too light in the tip region and that costs distance. If your interested, pm me, I can help.

yellowfin
    Participant

I picked up a tricast and love it but would be interested to see some pics of your gear Croozer.

yellowfin
    Participant

BOth are very good rods, the Harrison torrix Te 12.6 3.5 tc is slightly more expensive and slightly lighter than the tricast, so it comes down to personal choice either rod is capable of long casts and will get you in the hot spot
    Either way much better option than cheap chinese knock offs
    if you think they are to dear check out the price of some golf clubs

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members