funny catch!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    mulletman
    Participant

on saturday me and my mate got a salmon rod and a lure reel with 50 pound line a bouy and a dive wight. on saturdayhe paddled it out on his surf board with the 10 hooks. after dropping it a kahawai got hook in a couple of seconds of it being in the water and we could see it jumping every where. so we pulled it stright back in and to our surprise we had a well hooked ele of 12 pounds wrapped up in our line!!!!! :shock:

PierMaster
    Participant

lolololololololololololol

yellowfin
    Participant

You need to be banned if you’re going to keep making useless topics and useless posts full of complete shit that no one cares about.

fishforpot
    Participant

might have been a suicide ….it was probably being chased by a broadbill

PierMaster
    Participant

or a mako

Fishy Bishy
    Participant

[b:1syy286a]

Celebration everyone, Muppetman has his Kahawai at last!! :dude:

[/b:1syy286a]
    Best watch that surf board antic though, you might end up a statistic like Steve Irwin did. :wink:

fishforpot
    Participant

I wonder if it was AFTER the 5.41pm post on the same day where he hadnt caught one…..

The muppetman was posting at 7.41pm and 9.11pm as well …..so we must assume he popped out during one of those time windows ….

And yeah , gotta watch those rays along that stretch of beach ….I can speak from experience , they HURT lol

yellowfin
    Participant

Doing your research eh fishforpot

rdeejay
    Participant

On saturday hmm and i quote from what you posted on sunday

[quote:2cq1oa2f]this morning at wamari beach me and two mates caught a elephant fish. but last night over a beer we had an idea. we didnt have a long line but with a surf caster a lure reel and 10 hooks a long line was born. the 10 pound ele smashed the bait in 5 minutes. we paddled it out on a long line

so the 10 pound ele became 12 pounds you had a beer on saturday night deciding how to make the long line yet you had already miraculously made it on saturday to catch the ele which you said you caught on saturday but then you changed the story and caught the same fish on sunday.
    Hmm who votes i make this pest go away.

magooes
    Participant

Hi there, First time blogger, long time reader, I vote yes , kick the clown into touch

fishforpot
    Participant

NO ….ya cant boo him , he’s worth his weight in gold for entertainment value …

Lets ask him about the 6lb mullet his boss caught at the rakia mouth the other day

Or better still , the story about how they resusitated the bloke who got zapped by the electric eel on his line

Fishy Bishy
    Participant

Entertainment value? [b:30619owp]PRICELESS!![/b:30619owp]

Intelligence value?? [b:30619owp]NIL![/b:30619owp]

Be interesting to see if his Dad runs a particular sports shop??? :lol:

rdeejay
    Participant

Fact:Grey mullet can grow that big, Yellow Eyed Definitely don’t
    Fact:NOT found in the South Island.
    Fact:Electric Eels are found In South America
    Fact:Mulletman is full of it.

fishforpot
    Participant

Was muppets boss telling the eel story …

Guy standing in the surf at rakia, spinning for salmon ….he’d been fighting something for a while …before it decided to zap him ….

I didnt know electricity could flow up fishing line , thru the surf no less …knocking him unconsious and drowning if he hadnt been fished out …

Or shall we mention the 200 fishbins of gurnard taken via longline 3km off the end of the peir

fishforpot
    Participant

Oh and lets not forget the whooper of the lot ……a couple of guys caught over 100 kingfish off the rocks , head of te oka bay …….
    They thought they were ky ..but in fact “pfffft” they were rat kings

This was on a Christmas day , maybe 2 yrs ago …..I didnt play golf that day till after 2pm , waiting for the ugly
    ugly windy rainging southerly to clear a little before heading out ……

Next day muppets boss went there himself , and caught a few as well the 30 odd caught by the other blokes who returned for more lol …..

So bare it in mind folks …..huge southerly brings the kingies on something shocking ….you gotta fish into the face of it tho …

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.