Forum surfcasting trip to Kaikouria?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 221 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Booger

yellowfin
    Participant

i think if we tried off the new wharf

yellowfin
    Participant

I would probably be late arriving.

I have to pick up a Kayak which is being delivered at around 12:30pm but hopefully could collect it earlier. So might not be able to get down there until mid-afternoon but that still leaves plenty of time for a fish.

I might also be able to arrange for someone to collect the Kayak for me if that is the case I would be able to get down their earlier in the day.

yellowfin
    Participant

yea cause im leaving chch at 6am to get there by 9ish depending on how many stops

yellowfin
    Participant

Apart from the conway which rivers are worth fishing for trout in?

yellowfin
    Participant

the one unning directly through town is full of them or was at xmas

yellowfin
    Participant

hope i actually catch

yellowfin
    Participant

If I’m feeling

yellowfin
    Participant

we were going to go up friday night but cant be bothered now will b too tired after work yea bbqs are good for making sinkers and also for using as a smoker

yellowfin
    Participant

a bag of blood and bone would work well if fishing the wharf or rock just chuck handfuls of that in every so often high tide i think is close to

yellowfin
    Participant

been reading a fewold fishing mags from the last few years at this timne of year

yellowfin
    Participant

Low tide is at 1:33pm and hightide is at 7:48pm. (give or take).

Been into town today and brought myself a new ‘jig rod’ it is a berkley dropshot (quite good rods) and is rated for 6-10kg. Very light weight and a pleasure to cast. Would probably use it off the wharf at night.

Also brought a kg of Squid and pilchard.

I have organised my sister to collect the kayak for me, so if everything goes find I would probably be down there before lunch. Maybe even first thing.

yellowfin
    Participant

yea i got a new cheap rod today that is really light i got a tica something arather rod on special from rebel for 45 bucks its

yellowfin
    Participant

I also got a bunch of flounders which I brought from a Supermarket. Thinking of mulching a few of them up, and might see how one of them work for bait.

yellowfin
    Participant

aparently flounder is quite ok for bait ive seen them for sale down here for like 20 bucks for 10 or 20 maybe lol if we can like berley up an area

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 221 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.