Forum surfcasting trip to Kaikouria?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 221 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

At this stage, Sat looking interesting re weather. Strong northwesterlies by the looks changing southwest later in the day, sure it’ll be fine but might be really windy! Fishing on the jettie in the evening might be buggered by the southwest change.

Come Sunday morning things look like coming out fine with early southwesterlies dying out. But hmmmmm…. I hope either the southwest change on Saturday gets moved to Sunday or comes even early on Friday to clear up on Saturday (which I’d prefer). Still a few days out, hopefully things change.

Cheers
    Aaron

yellowfin
    Participant

yea im

yellowfin
    Participant

The forecasts I look at are predicting NWN winds 19km/hr. Partly cloudy. Winds changing to W 13/hr at night.

Last night when I checked showers were being forecasted.

yellowfin
    Participant

yea shouldnt be too bad i hope im sure there will still be a few moki around at night off the new wharf

yellowfin
    Participant

I saw a few moki in Port underwood 2 weekends ago, so they are still in the South Island. I was going to collect a bag of cockles and muscles for bait and burley but did not feel like going for a dive.

yellowfin
    Participant

mussels are cheap enough to buy anyways i see at

yellowfin
    Participant

Paua are relatively simple to get.

yellowfin
    Participant

really?

yellowfin
    Participant

Yeah.

I know spots where you can get them in less then a meter of water at low tide. But in most places you do need to swim underwater and hold your breath to harvest them.

Depending on conditions, and the time I get there. I might take a quick swim at Kaikouria and collect a bunch of fresh bait and hopefully including paua.

yellowfin
    Participant

yea im leaving

yellowfin
    Participant

but

yellowfin
    Participant

I think I’ll be lucky to catch anything with you guys around! Should be interesting though, might be able to pick up a few tips.

I might have a heavy duty spudgun ready in time for the beach fishing, just for a bit of variety.

yellowfin
    Participant

I am in no way a experience SurfCaster, I simply spend to much time on forums reading and talking about it. My casting technique is terrible for big heavy rods.

I also spend to much time doing other methods of fishing so I can not develop my surfcasting skills.

How do you make a DVD in a milk bottle?

yellowfin
    Participant

I haven’t had much experience with fishing yet, so it should be interesting for me regardless.

Casting certainly

yellowfin
    Participant

i ment berley bomb lol

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 221 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.