Forum surfcasting trip to Kaikouria?

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 221 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

skate was caught on a 3/0 vmc snapper hook with a 3oz breakout sinker using pillie heads for bait

yellowfin
    Participant

red cod caught on same hooks

yellowfin
    Participant

Thanks Zac, if you guys want a bigger image of one or two photos here just PM me and I’ll upload a copy to my site for you to download.

Cheers
    Aaron

yellowfin
    Participant

or just click the thumb nails it makes them larger

yellowfin
    Participant

I know you can click them to make them bigger Greg! LOL, I made it that way. But just if you wanted the original file sized ones for whatever reason. heh. :)

Cheers
    Aaron

yellowfin
    Participant

oh my badlol anyways i best be off gotta work in da morning great weekend had thanks guys hope we can do it again more often

yellowfin
    Participant

Nice pics there Aaron! Good to see the event was well covered! Definitly have to do a trip like that again, im possibly up to kaikoura in Larbour weeked, so will probably give that railway beach another crack.

And about me being a lazy fisherman, well I enjoy sitting down listeing to the beach watching my rod and……… well making new rigs after I lose them to snags!! :P

yellowfin
    Participant

Looks Like you guys had a blast, unfortunately I had 2 kids birthdays to go to and couldn’t get a pass given it was fathers day on sunday. Will definitely be keen for the next trip.

Did manage to get out for a bit of a fish, caught a mullet of around a pound at the mouth of the waimak.

yellowfin
    Participant

yea sweet as

yellowfin
    Participant

HEAD

yellowfin
    Participant

thats like my cat loves most other fish except salmon and trout she loved the red cod i caught

yellowfin
    Participant

hey,

Nice pics looks like you fellas picked a pretty mint day for it!

yellowfin
    Participant

Had the Kaiwhai for tea tonight, was great tasting! Crumbed and pan fried, then with lemon juice. Fantastic. Looking forward to more Kaiwhai! My filleting skills need some improvement however.

Cheers
    Aaron

yellowfin
    Participant

Just wondering, did you bleed the Kahawai Aaron? I havn’t had Kahawai that many times. I usually just use them for bait. I also need to improve my filleting skills. If I try to fillet a smaller sized kahawai I usually stuff it up and end up with nothing.

yellowfin
    Participant

usually u bleed kaiwhai and also i believe gitting them almost as soon at you catch them really improves the fish as well

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 221 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.