Forum Comp

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    St_Paul
    Participant

was down in kaikoura on wednesdat/thursday, lots of huttons shearwaters about an some good size kahawai to be had.

Miliwolf
    Participant

If I get around to packing I would probably head down to Kaikoura later this afternoon, probably would fish the Claverly reef this evening and awn. Camp on the beach :)

Alternatively would fish the old wharf, new wharf if it is open :lol:

yellowfin
    Participant

Best of luck with the comp guys, unfortunately I have a prior commitment that I cant get out of, look forward to reading your posts though. G.

St_Paul
    Participant

Yeah tight lines to all heading to conway flat, have a great time, catch lots and take lots of pics!!

PierMaster
    Participant

So the wining fish was a 21kg seven gill shark and the winner was my friend Tony
    Here he is with the winning fish

“>

yellowfin
    Participant

Will have to organise another comp over summer. Since only three people from the forum turned up to this one, and a lot of people were busy, and some people who wern’t just decided not to go or even fish somewhere else.

yellowfin
    Participant

i was in hanmer and way to hungover to go on sunday

HookLineSinker
    Participant

So what bait was giving the most results during the day, interesting to know what is in the fishes liking at the moment.
    Unfortunately i am unable to attend these get togethers as i have family committments that take priority.

Yakkaman
    Participant

Sorry I couldn’t make it looks like a good day!!!

Miliwolf
    Participant

HookLineSinker

yellowfin
    Participant

I think anything works for bait. I used salted bonito, salted kahawai, squid, dogfish, yellow eyed mullet.

Miliwolf
    Participant

I caught all of my fish on 1 bait type, presented in 1 style on that day. Had the same bait presented in different ways but it blanked.

Miliwolf
    Participant

I feel the next comp could be done slightly differently…..

I propose we agree to meet somewhere late afternoon (or whenever) and then spread out and fish before meeting up again sometime the next day. That would allow fishing of both Dusk and Dawn….

The prize would be given out to the angler who catches the most different species. This would also open up the option of fishing two or three different locations in a attempt to target specific species. Proof of capture would be done with photos, at the meet up everyone who enters would be given a unique card which would need to be photographed with the fish.

In the case of a draw…. the prize money would be split.

yellowfin
    Participant

Could have one prize for most species caught, one for heaviest fish and split it 50/50. The important thing is more people really, considering how many people turned up last time.

St_Paul
    Participant

Like the sound of mili’s comp. allows a bit more scope for targeting harder to catch species like moki, and allows release of unwanted fish.
    May i suggest Kaikoura as the next venue?, lots of different areas to fish and its about 1/2 way between here and there.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.