Forum Comp

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Miliwolf
    Participant

[quote:3v8iggfn]Location: Conway Flat (fish anywhere within the Conway flat area)

Does that include Claverley? (north of the river mouth?)

yellowfin
    Participant

I don’t think it should

Miliwolf
    Participant

I agree… Would just spread everyone out to much. If someone wants to put the effort in to walk to the rivermouth that should be allowed.

I do not think it is possible to drive there, maybe 4wd down the riverbed.

yellowfin
    Participant

I’ll just fish the beach in front of where I park, can’t see any point in walking down the beach.

Miliwolf
    Participant

From memory the beach is long and uniform looking…. My memory is not the best so there might be a few reefs which could break things up a bit. I know there is one at Claverley. I to would be fishing close to my truck.

Rivermouth could concentrate Kahawai.

yellowfin
    Participant

Yeah but kahawai aint gonna win longest or heaviest fish. I’d say conger and skate would be longest/heaviest if any are caught.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Fishing can be very slow during the day on these beaches. A kahawai might be the only fish caught.

A Tope / Sevengiller of decent size could take one or both categories.

St_Paul
    Participant

no major reefs off that beach. fishing is difficult on anything other than nor west.
    Stock up on chicken hearts for congers and prawns for rig. Either of those species should put you in the running.

Participant

Yes your right conway can be abit hard to fish during the day,shame your starting comp so late, but its one of the few beachs in canterbury that you can put out a fish bait for greyboy etc & not get hammered by doggies,Some real nice greyboys there & rig,I have only caught rig there on crayfish(dawn,dusk) no luck at all with crab etc. Also if you carry on round the road to claverly drive to the end wheres theres a cockys entrance park there walk over to beach(reef) beaut spot for moki of the beach, have had alot of luck here, also possible chance of crays there

PierMaster
    Participant

Should we just have it off kaikoura whale watch? not often that u dont catch fish off there
    conway can be hard fishing at times

Miliwolf
    Participant

I never had much luck fishing off whale watch beach, so not a favourite spot of mine. Over the years think I have caught a few Kahawai, small dogfish and and a wrasse. I like the idea of Conway because I have never fished it before, it is also slightly closer for Zac to travel to.

yellowfin
    Participant

Where’s whale watch? If we were going to change it maybe in front of the railway station? Kaikoura is only an extra half an hour so I would travel further if the comp was there. But should we be changing it so late? I can’t see many people going anyway, maybe 5? Weather is also looking a lot better in Christchurch than in Kaikoura so maybe Conway will be better?

PierMaster
    Participant

Ok keep it the same

So just the details again to finalize everything

Date : Sunday 25th October
    Time : 8.30am arrival and meet up, 9am fishing start till 4pm
    Location: Conway Flat (fish anywhere within the Conway flat area)
    Prize: 50% of prize money longest fish
    : 50% of prize money heaviest fish
    Entry $5 per rod maximum 3 rods

Note: 1 fish can take all the prize money

The more people that come the bigger the prize pool so ask anyone that might be interested!

Any quires u can text me on 0277405363

Otherwise I shall hopefully see a few of you guys there, it would be a good chance to meet up anyways

yellowfin
    Participant

So who can confirm if they’re going or not, just to get an idea of how many people will be there.

Miliwolf
    Participant

I intend on going if the current forecast holds.

On the previous forum fishing trip to Kaikoura we got about 6 to turn up, hopefully we could match if not beat it this time.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.