Forum Comp

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Sounds good, but weight could only be estimation, so hope there isn’t to similar sized fish caught which would make it harder to tell.

PierMaster
    Participant

Ill bring some digital scales and a tape measure, if the fish is really obviously large then theres no point in weighing it lol

Yakkaman
    Participant

So have you got a definate date and entry fee yet so I can book the time out?

PierMaster
    Participant

Ok here we go…

FORUM COMPETITION!

Date : Sunday 25th October
    Time : 8.30am arrival and meet up, 9am fishing start till 4pm
    Location: Conway Flat (fish anywhere within the Conway flat area)
    Prize: 50% of prize money longest fish
    : 50% of prize money heaviest fish
    Entry $5 per rod maximum 3 rods

Note: 1 fish can take all the prize money

I will bring scales and measuring tape. weigh in and measuring will be down at 4pm meet up

Good luck to all!!!
    Bring some friends!

Miliwolf
    Participant

Just realised that the 25th is Labor weekend. Should be there :)

elmo22
    Participant

sorry cant make the comp i will be up karamea catching (looking into the water) whitebait, will be there for about 10 days pending on weather and bait, good luck to all that go

yellowfin
    Participant

Hopefully the weather and swell conditions work out

Miliwolf
    Participant

elmo22

St_Paul
    Participant

sorry labour weekend is out for me. Hoping to head up to stephens island and jig me up a kingy or 3 :grin:

elmo22
    Participant

i often go up to karamea but havnt been batting up there for 2 seasons and i like the area been going there on and off for 30 odd years from child to now have not been down westland and wouldnt know were to go

Miliwolf
    Participant

Thanks Fair enough, thinking of going over to the coast myself for a bit of whitebait and maybe a trout fish. I like Karamea, but many people seem to claim that the baiting is better down south so was wonder why you decided to go Karamea instead.

The locals seem rather normal at Karamea and it is 4hr closer so think I would head over there for a look, plus the campground is good value.

elmo22
    Participant

ye i camp at the domain, in behide the school close to every thing, when you thinking of going

Miliwolf
    Participant

Maybe Marlb Anniversary weekend. Which is the weekend after Labour weekend.

Miliwolf
    Participant

The long term forecast is looking good, but a lot can change that far out.

Thinking of heading down the night before and fishing the Kaikoura wharf? Is anyone else planning on doing that?

yellowfin
    Participant

Yeah forcast and swell is looking good as far as I can see. I wont be going further north, will probably go up to Christchurch on Saturday and see if there’s any good sales on at rebel sports etc, then go to conway Saturday night or in the morning. If the weather or swell is gonna be anything other than good I wont bother going.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.