Fishing at Brighton Pier

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

The number of people going up there to catch crabs has got a lot bigger just in the last year and probably will keep getting bigger until crab catching is banned off the pier. They have a cleaner that goes there every morning around 4am that cleans up any mess. Personally I see no problem with fishing in the no fishing zone, using two rods and overhead casting as long as it’s late and no one’s around. It’s a different story during the day when there’s tourists and families coming out to look and they need space plus there’s the rest of the pier to fish and it’s no different.

yellowfin
    Participant

Hey Zac, I agree totally with what you are saying, in particular regarding fishing later in the evenings, but on the night in question there were many people around who were not fishing. I also know that the cleaners go up there early in the AM, but the point I was trying to make is that there is no need for fish frames dead/dying fish to be left lying around in plain sight, & Im not talking about on the “bait/filleting” areas, but left on the ground. It would only take the “right” people to see this mess or complain about it & the council would be reviewing the regulations again. Recreational fishing does little if anything for their coffers as opposed to tourism etc.
    As stated I dont fish there, only really did when it first opened apart from the very rare occasion, so if fishing was banned again it wouldnt worry me too much, but I see that a few of you guys do frequently. It is a great resource for “All”, but some antics I have seen down there you would think that it is purely a fishing platform & everyone else be buggered.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.