Fisheries officers at Southshore

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Was down at Southshore yesterday arvo gathering some Tuatua for bait, quite a few there doing the same. Also about 6 fisheries officers checking people & returning what appeared to be a very large haul back to the beds, they had driven down with a large chilly bin of them so dont know where they came from. With a daily limit of 150 per person how many do you need ? Shit some people are ignorant assholes.

Fishy Bishy
    Participant

Great point made, but is the language necessary?
    We all use the language I know, but there is a place for it and not in print for all to see and judge the forum.
    This limit blowing take all and who cares attitude is a very well founded topic and one we should all be concerned about.
    Come on Gman and others who slip up occasionally, keep the emotion out of view, please.

Anonymous
    Inactive

HEY FISHY BISHY ,DO YOU JUST READ POSTS so you can pick them to bits ,get a life or get lost.

rdeejay
    Participant

Now now play nicely or i’ll hit the delete button. Good to hear the officers are around i go to Southshore on occasion but i certainly don’t go crazy picking shellfish cos there’s always a next time.

fishforpot
    Participant

The ones able to be blindfolded by a shoelace were taking literally sack fulls the other day ……..go the fisheries ….

Fishy Bishy
    Participant

Settle down Volax, if you have another look, I actually commended the activity that was reported.
    My opinion on expletive language was noted.
    The post to which you refer was not “picked it to bits” as you so rudely allege, I simply expressed my opinion on the offensive comment considered to be unnecessary which ended a very good point.

There should be far more Fisheries officers out there in my opinion.
    The ignorance of immigrants in particular not being able to read the noticeboards is not an excuse it is a cop out.
    They should be returned to where they emigrated from, for ever!

yellowfin
    Participant

My apologies fishy & anyone else who may take offence at the “language” used in my original post (I didnt think it that strong), but tis something Im very passionate about. However, I will not edit it & if the mods see fit to do so well & good. I hear far worse in school grounds & on primetime TV these days. Im afraid the days when there were gasps of horror at the Toyota “bugger” ads are far behind us. When you heading this way to throw a zeddie around?

rdeejay
    Participant

Doesn’t bother me so i wont edit it either.

yellowfin
    Participant

yea it aint that bad lol too me though lately this forum almost seems like its getting more people “picking” on each other almost more than much fishing talk should really get back to what the forum is about fishing and not going on at each other

Fishy Bishy
    Participant

GMAN2907

gunnercoops
    Participant

Whats the method for finding Tuatua…or come to that any shellfish…I just wander along and happen upon them if they are lying there, but it would take me months and months to find 150 of them!!

yellowfin
    Participant

walk out into the water about low tide to around knee deep and just wriggle ur toes into the sand and feel em with ur feet if you doint find any just walk along the beach a lil more till you find the bed once on a bed you will find them really fast oh yea and picked em upwith ur hands dont wanna get over balanced in the water and loose the lot

rdeejay
    Participant

keep a look out for the brownish beardy type stuff sticking out of the sand as well, stick ya hand in and voila. Well thats what i did last time i was there and got quite alot and it saves the random digging in the sand and hoping for the best. Bit of a lucky dip too cos there was a few mussels mixed in with all the other shellfish.

yellowfin
    Participant

gunnercoops

magooes
    Participant

If you turn down the last street on the left about 400mtrs from the end of rockinghorse road, the main beds of them are there . takes no time at all to get enough for a couple of fishing trips. :D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.