First Rig of the Season WOO :)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    fishsnatcher
    Participant

Sweet I’ll head down today and if i can find some I’ll get it :)

Miliwolf
    Participant

All fishing stores I been in had bait elastic in stock. Most variations work well, not a fan of extra thick bait elastic.

yellowfin
    Participant

PierMaster, do you know if the other Andrew is still around? I haven’t seen him since the start of the year.

tracknz
    Participant

The stuff from the warehouse is crap. Pete at brighton sports has some red bait elastic that streches well without breaking and seems to keep my bait on well. About $2.50 a roll last time I brought some.

yellowfin
    Participant

i got some a while ago but i find it too strong and all. its quite strechy and yea doesnt snap overly easy

Sevengillz
    Participant

I usually only use the black magic brand and its good stuff.Is there really much of a difference between brands? I would of thought it was all cut from the same stuff….anyway I have on occasions resorted to using a spool of normal cotton pinched out of the mrs sewing kit because the shops were never open when I needed it :evil:

Miliwolf
    Participant

I have had no problems with the ryoshi/ryobi or similar sounding brand from the warehouse. I normally keep several rolls on hand because it is easy to lose. I buy and use any thin looking bait elastic, it is just elastic at the end of the day nothing super high tech.

edit: Smith city (at-least the Blem branch) has bait cotton at the moment, I did not buy any but it appears to be a stocking like material which can completely cover extra soft baits like mussels. Next time they have a sale I would buy a pack or three.

St_Paul
    Participant

Hi Guys,
    garys bait elastic or the sea harvester (??) brand are my 2 favourites they are thin and translucent and work great. Nice to see rig are about, any of you Marlborough guys know when they start turning up around here.
    Any decent Kahawai about down there yet you cantabs?

yellowfin
    Participant

i havnt really been out since the other weekend at nape nape whch was shocking. but id think they are around now chasing the bait.

PierMaster
    Participant

Hey Zac yeah he still around, still fish with him down at brighton and go surfcasting and what not.

What an intense convo bout bait elastic :P

Sevengillz
    Participant

[quote=”What an intense convo bout bait elastic :P

Ha yeah that tends to happen when youre bored at home hanging out for a fish :mrgreen:

Miliwolf
    Participant

St_Paul

yellowfin
    Participant

St_Paul

HookLineSinker
    Participant

St_Paul

Miliwolf
    Participant

Low tide at evening or any time of day?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.