Final Forum Comp details(BIRDLINGS FLAT)

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Miliwolf
    Participant

Were there many Elephant fish caught?

HIPP
    Participant

well done birdlings for your efforts, looks like you all had agood time, sorry I couoldnt make it.

HIPP
    Participant

I would be interested to hear what everyone caught if anyone knows?

Hardy
    Participant

I caught two real big hangovers. It was a very social Fishing Competition indeed. Elmo not only got two rig,( and he needs a new hat) but I suspect he to is a little seedy today. Ian was the perfect host. Just don’t touch his single malt whiskey. The fishing was buggered at about 1pm when a bloody great on shore wind sprang up. It disappeared by about 6pm, but by that time Elmo and Sandra and a few of us, were well into Happy Hour. Well it wasn’t just a one hour thing either. Had two chucks on the way back to Christchurch. And they werent sinkers I was chucking either. :grin: Next time I come over to go to Birdlings Flat, the grog stays behind, and I will join the Temperance Union. (Well for a couple of days). Great time had by all. Great people. The youngies (Fisherman24 and his two mates) had a last minute fish, to show us oldies how it is done. But we had put a hoodo on the place, so they were skunked. But hey they did real well the night before. No Eles caught Mili. Just Randals Rig and Elmo’s two rig. All early in the morning. Daylight early. I have to confess, my rod never hit the beach. Well I had to give Elmo a chance didn’t I :grin: and my nickname isnt matttress for nothing, you know. The 4 metre swell was a non event. Saturday I reckoned the sea was flat and looked most fishable, Dwayne and his mates proved that Saturday night, with the multiple rig catch.

Yep a great two days at Birdlings for me. Well done Ian. ” THAT MAN DESERVES A TUI “

Cheers Trev aka Hardy

fisherman24
    Participant

he does deserve a tui he did a very good job indeed. love the panting ian and its going on the living room wall tomorrow .next time i go to birdlings flat i will pop in to the gallery and say hi . it was good to meet u all especially the pissed guy (hardy)haha :lol: . Sounds like u had a good drive back to chch :lol: .

HIPP
    Participant

Thanks for the report, sounds like I missed a good one, hope to get out over the comeing week, cheers,hipp

elmo22
    Participant

thank you very much ian for running the comp, was good to meet the few that did turn, up alot of your time was taken getting it up and running a job well done..a big thanks to roscoe for all the prizes that he gave to the comp.. the sea was abit rough but most fishable with people catching good size fish saturday night and on the day off the comp, all good and looking forward to meeting more folks on this forum down on the beach

yellowfin
    Participant

Well done guys, obviously esp to Ian for organising it but also to all of you who attended, it seems like fun was had by all. My apoligies for my ‘no show’, but work commitments held me away.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Sounded like you put in a good deal of effort into organizing the comp. Wished it had worked out so i could attend.

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

Next time guys, next time,..cheers

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.