Favourite fishing food?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Miliwolf
    Participant

What is your favourite food to take fishing?

I often head down the coast or to the sounds after work, around 5-6pm, on such occasions I normally take a short detour to Kentucky Fried and order a three piece quarter park up-sized to large…. Delicious. Only problem is the stupid drink normally leaks everywhere. (Country fried chicken is also good)

Thinking of getting the odd meat lovers pizza instead because I find KFC a bit boring after a while. But the Blenheim pizza hut is in the middle of town which is a pain :evil: Might have to check Dominos out instead.

When heading in a direction where KFC is to far away or the wrong time of day, I normally grab a $1 pie or two and a chicken roll, maybe a chocolate bar and big cookie. It works out to be quite expensive but it is convenient.

For evening Snapper fish down the Pelerous sounds I stop at the renwick F&C shop…. they always give double helpings of fish… mmmm

When down in Kaikoura, I would grab F&C or a cooked chicken with bread rolls.

When I am organised at home, I often cooked English muffins covered in cheese, and meat sandwiches if there is any meat in the fridge. For snakes I would include Muesli bars and a pack of cashew nuts. Acutally I normally have Cashews, Muesli bars and water in my truck all the time :)

Mal
    Participant

I normally take a box of speights or if I’m feeling extravagant it might be stienlager!

yellowfin
    Participant

Keep away from that blenheim KFC.. Had too many dodgy meals from that place when I lived in picton :lol:

Cant say I’m usually that organised when it comes to fishing snacks. usually a bag or 2 of potato chips to share around and a few beers or bourbons.

I’m more likely to take a smoke or 2 :wink:

Sevengillz
    Participant

youre onto it Vip_yo 8) DB sandwich and a pack o ciggys for me :mrgreen:

Miliwolf
    Participant

Alcohol and surfcasting are a bad combination, especially during the Summer. Just a invitation for heat stroke.

vip_yo

yellowfin
    Participant

cnt say i usually even take food when fishing lol maybe a drink but thats normally it…

fishsnatcher
    Participant

Well anythin filling really I might bring a roll with letuce, ham, cheese, capsiscumn, cucumber.
    And a drink.
    Then maybe a snack or 3, choclate cookies, anything bite sized and full of sugar….

storm
    Participant

Mal

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.