"Family" spots around Christchurch?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Just wondering if anyone knows of any spots within 1 – 2 hours drive from Christchurch?

When I say “family” spot I mean it’s not really isolated. Dad and I are keen on going far for some fish but little siblings and mom aren’t that much.

I’ve read about/been to the Styx, Cam, Kaiapoi and Waimak (for Searun Trout) but does anyone know of any other places worth checking out?

Thanks heaps

yellowfin
    Participant

Lake lyndon from the ist saturday of november..juniors will be allowed to use bait for the first time plus there is a good population of smallish fish in there :grin:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks kevo. Do you reckon a boat is a must for Lyndon or there are some good spots to fish from the lake’s shore? I was reading that usually the spots where water gets in or out of a lake are usually prime spots for trout but I couldn’t find any obvious places on the map. Again, thanks.

yellowfin
    Participant

You definately won’t need a boat mate..I’d fish where the lake start to shallow out a tad and flick a worm out onto a sand patch and leave it there soaking..or perhaps cast and retrieve a cockabully along the bottom? The main concern would be not having any bait hidden in the weeds!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great… Thanks heaps kevo

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.