dorie beach great fishing

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Just got back from Dorie beach. There was a massive swell, and the water was the closest in I have ever seen it. There wasn’t any wind, so hopefully it might calm down a bit overnight. Dosn’t look like there is going to be any Northwesterlys any more either. Metserve is saying its Southeasterly right now, turning Northeasterly tomorow with rain and cloud.

This site seems to have some good info on the sea conditions http://www.swellmap.com/24hr_forecast.p … &tag=birdf

cheers for the report zac i was just going to say the conditions are no good a 3 metre swell at present. im giving dorie a miss heard there is a huge rip in the sea at present. bloody murphys law alright i was really looking forward to fishing dorie tommorrow. well

cheers for the info zac and site i normally use the sky weather report which is pretty good and updated hourly. the wind has been good but a freak of nature has hit the sea. glad i know now rather than driving 100kms to get there .

yellowfin
    Participant

althogh that strong ne hat we had yesterday and the day before would have had alot to do with it

yellowfin
    Participant

I will still go out and see how it is. Might still be ok for fishing, and with the competition on there will be other people fishing too. With any luck it might calm down over night to be at least fishable. Just reading about the Cyclone that has caused these massive swells and they are meant to be calming down over this weekend..

[quote:3n82bhjx]MetService spokesman Bob McDavitt said the swell was being generated by former cyclone Gene. Ocean swells building to a high point by Friday night and easing from Saturday night. Mr McDavitt said that while the significant height of the swell – the average of the top third waves – was expected to be around four metres, the occasional wave, one in a hundred or so, was likely to be six metres.

well you are a keen fishermen the conditions will be rough and not worth wasting your time. i heard there is a monster surge aswell at present. glad your going zac give me a report on how the comp went.

yellowfin
    Participant

The sea was still a bit rough today, but not any worse than some of the other times i’ve been there. The current was quite strong so most peoples lines where being dragged south down the beach. Loads of dogfish caught, along with some rig. People also got some nice size school sharks, and one of the bigger school sharks won the competition I think. I never ended up fishing though as it was just to rough.

cheers for the report zac were there many people there at the comp? the conditions would of been dreadful and surprizing people still caught fish . i bet there sinkers were on the beach within minutes . well i hope there is another one soon only about 8 weeks fishing at dorie left till it turns custard and to cold .

yellowfin
    Participant

Loads of people were there, and they wern’t put off by the conditions.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.