dorie beach great fishing

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Just got back from half an hours fishing at Dorie. The sea was way to rough and all I got was a few small schoolies. Still saw some dolphins quite close in, so there must have been fish around. As soon as the sea clears up a bit I will have another try there, possibly Friday or Saturday

zac dorie is no good after a southley for 2 days which hit yesterday when you were fishing. dorie is good alright and you have the bug like me cant wait to fish it.

yellowfin
    Participant

If the weathers all ok, then the sea should be calm enough on Saturday. I might go up early and fish most of the day, or maybe wait untill the afternoon and stay till dark.

yellowfin
    Participant

Went to Dorie about lunchtime today. It was fairly windy blowing northwest. The sea was really really rough, probably the worst I have seen it at Dorie, so I didn’t even bother fishing and went all the way back to ashburton to get my other rods and go up to Timaru.

Sevengillz
    Participant

Yo Zac somthin I was spose to ask ya,In ya post with the Tope pics,how do you upload 4 big pics like that in 1 post?

I always have to crop n resize n all sorts of shit to get mine up then I end up with a puny pic in the corner! I thought that there must be a better way! oh btw im semi-computer-elliterate! :?

yellowfin
    Participant

Upload to imageshack.us or photobucket, or any other photo uploading site, then it gives you the code to put in your posts. If you dont get the code, just get the direct link to it, and post it with image tags like this or there is an icon () that you can click

Sevengillz
    Participant

Oh sweet,im on it thanks man:)

yellowfin
    Participant

I’ve just got back from an Afternoon fishing at Dorie. The conditions were ok. Got another few good size school sharks. Also caught the biggest Kahawai i’ve ever had there, at first I thought it was another big school shark. Other than that just the usual dogfish and a carpet shark.

Next time I might try spinning and see if I can get some more kahawai, and I suppose there will be mullet there as well. Still hoping for a seven giller there though.

yellowfin
    Participant

The sea was way to rough yesterday at Dorie, but I’m going to go out again now and see how it is.

St_Paul
    Participant

Hey Zac,
    had a crack at wakanui yesterday, was a bit rough but seems to be fishable when dorie isn’t. Got a rig around 4kg.
    Might see how Sunday turns out and have a go at dorie.

yellowfin
    Participant

Dorie seems to be a lot better than Wakanui. There is just WAY to many dogfish at Wakanui, and it usually seems rougher. I didn’t get much tonight at Dorie, other than small school sharks, and big dogfish. Its starting to remind me of late febuary and further into the year last year, when it was just small schoolies and bigger dogfish. Problem with the big dogfish is that you will easily catch them on even big 10/0+ size hooks. Only way to stop them seems to be using them for bait.

i totally agree with zac dorie is great fishing and has big fish there most of the time. doggies just kill the fishing if they are around. doggies are great bait for skate and stays on the hook the best i know and works just soak it in fish oil and its cheap good bait .

well dorie is not looking good for a fish this weekend the southley is going to make it rough as and not fishable this weekend.

well im hanging to get out to dorie havent been weeks due to all work and no play .

yellowfin
    Participant

I think I might go to Dorie on Sunday when the competitions on and see whats being caught. I suppose they can’t just close off the beach just for people fishing the competition.

went fishing at dorie today for 5 hours 6am till 10am caught 5 small schoolies and dogfish. i caught a crab on my line used it as bait and caught a huge rig 15lb atleast. a great days fishing the rig made my day the water was dirty from the southley on monday but the sea was good for fishing. saw a pengiun to for the the first time there.

zac ill be going down to dorie on sunday early in morning 6am weather permitting to . it will be great to see what is caught and the water will be blue and clear. its a free beach and will will show them how its done. i have always caught a big fish every trip so far just hope jaws is there on sunday on our lines :lol: im sure they will let us enter when it starts

conditions cracker for dorie beach fishing comp tommorrow. well if your a keen surfcaster you have to get down to dorie beach tommorrow.. a comp is on im sure the organizers will welcome all who turn up . this beach is the best in i know and you will see some big fish landed like big rig and big schoolies and skate . it will be great to see heaps of rods in the water at one time. great baits are crab and herring and squid even doggies for skate .

conditions couldn’t be better for this comp and the fishing will be just as good

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.