crabs

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    oldgreyboy
    Participant

put my crab off the wharf got some crabs, but they are not paddle crabs they look like them but dont have the paddles at the back what are they and will they still work look similar to me nice front claws any help please

yellowfin
    Participant

i woulkd think they would work. are you sure they arent just paddle crabs but the back paddles have fallen off?

yellowfin
    Participant

If things like cooked prawns work for rig and eles then I’m pretty sure any sort of crabs would work.

fishforpot
    Participant

Rip off the legs , peel off the shell , fold the remainer in half , so the underbelly protects the guts etc if that makes sense …..and bind it onto your hook like that ….

Works a treat for both rig and ele

oldgreyboy
    Participant

well i looked on the net nz crustaceans , there was a a pie crust crab ,said its quite rare. so its not that.i might just be the paddles have gotten caught in the wire netting. like zac says ifn its a crab and a murkey sort of sea and it smells nice i think they will do ok. in the last two weeks i have read every post on this site and all the fun too . muppetman poor chap lol

yellowfin
    Participant

evey post? far out that must have been some hard out reading?

oldgreyboy
    Participant

sure was yesterday was the last i looked fishing records i liked that school shark on 6 kg line wow.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Reading all the posts must have been boring in patches, especially when the discussion duplicates itself.

yellowfin
    Participant

When you’re not out fishing you’ve gotta have something to do in your spare time. Looking back at the latest catches threads from the last few years I can find out what species are likely to be around at what times of the year. Looking at getting back out fishing later this month maybe a trip to kaikoura or just up to the Pier, should be some kahawai showing up soon.

oldgreyboy
    Participant

you are right i started at latest catches and worked on. well i must say peirmasters 5 rigs an two ellies made my day great fish, i have read every post , yeanahh can cast , zac goes hard, i want to go to wakanui this year zacs pics and maps great. ihave cleaned my tackle box made ten traces got all the the prawns out of the special bin at countdown too lol 6 bucks one day. i keep a fishing diary date time place sea water temp since 1984 . here is entry i like i was not drinking beer then so up for an early start,1994 new years morning craigies road normamby, 5 am five cow ellies , two trips to the car lol.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.