Conway area

Posted By Duckman On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 10 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Duckman 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Duckman
    Participant

Hi Everyone, i’m new here so be nice lol, anyway i live in north canterbury and enjoy surf-casting a lot, fished at amberley last 2 days, a skate yesterday and 2 small sharks today, got lost going to nape nape and was thinking maybe going to conway next weekend for a day fish, i just want to know is it worth going there and what can be caught, cheers

Duckman

yellowfin
    Participant

Conway can be excellent at times.Just like birdlings the beach ,good deep water in close.Last year I had a couple of cracker days there.Good big rig and lots of eles.Saw some photos of a torpedo catch there last april.On one set they got 17 huge eles,they had a big job dealing with that many fish.Like anywhere,you have to strike it on a good day.Good luck.

Duckman
    Participant

thanks for reply, sounds good, just hope the weather is good for next weekend

fishforpot
    Participant

I would avoid nape nape , many many years ago it was good , not so now ….Amberly is improving , it used to be awesome , but went dead for many years …

Conway flats can be full on ….too many fish to be enjoyable lol ……definately the pick of the spots north of CHCH …without going all the way to Kaikoura

yellowfin
    Participant

Deleted the posts from the forum comp thread as same questions asked here.

Only ever fished Nape Nape once, got nothing but from memory Aaron got a nice Ky tho. Heard of good sized sharks being caught at conway as well.

elmo22
    Participant

fished nape nape alots of time in the comp that it has have done alright in comp but the fish are only ky, skate greyboys and dogs have heard that conway flats is the better spot up that way big rig and eles and big other things that have busted mates off

Duckman
    Participant

As Friday is chch show day and a day off so hope to head up there for the day, the weather looks good hoping the fish are biting, ‘ whats best north side or south side of the river mouth, or are they about the same

Miliwolf
    Participant

In my limited experience they are about the same, although there is a nice Moki reef opposite road end north of the river.

Duckman
    Participant

2 quick questions, can i drive[car] right to the end of road or is it 4wd vehicle needed and bait, is squid suitable

Miliwolf
    Participant

Yeah, a car would be fine. Its a typical gravel road.

Squid is a good general bait, most species would eat it. But I personally would also take Prawn and a fish, something like pilchard.

Duckman
    Participant

cheers and thanks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members