Christchurch Pier fishing ban lifted

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Sevengillz
    Participant

lol maybe try a spiked collar and red contact lenses lol

yellowfin
    Participant

hahaha nah he still wou8ld get eeps sayin hes oh so cute. a red and white border collie and yea he wouldnt scare peeps hes too friendly… mayb i shold get a rotweiler of something then to take fishing

Sevengillz
    Participant

lol a fishing dog.American bulldog make good fishing spot guard dog :lol:

yellowfin
    Participant

A lot of people still not following the rules down there. Some Asians still using 2 + rods and overhead casting. Some others down there go crazy at the asians and other people with 2 or more rods, but they don’t follow half the rules themselves with overhead casting etc. Most of the time these people are drinking during the day, so by the time it gets later they are fairly drunk. Both times I’ve been there in the last week or two, I’ve seen people urinating off the side/on the Pier, including one Maori lady. Hopefully a lot of these people get trespassed soon.

One of the Asians there got his line tangled with mine when I wasn’t watching and ended up cutting my line off. This was after some guy on a boat went under the Pier and cut off both my lines, one my cousin was using. Nearly lost both my rods, but luckily the asian guy there grabbed them because I was on the other side of the pier at the time. So I lost quite a bit of gear.

yellowfin
    Participant

It’s always the same people breaking the rules. I’ve got doubts about the council being able to get rid of these people. First time I’ve heard of someone cutting off lines in a boat, you could get their boat markings/name and report them, surely boats aren’t allowed close to or under the pier.

yellowfin
    Participant

It wasn’t a motor boat, it was some surfboard type thing with a sail on it. If I’d lost any of my rods I would have been pissed off. He went off into the distance after he broke my lines, so I wouldn’t have been able to find him.

fishsnatcher
    Participant

without meaning 2 sound rascist it is mostly asians who are the buggers on the wharf, though in dunedin, there was a guy fishing on the wharf, caught a good sized barracouta and then killed and chucked it away into the water.
    Then the bastard jumped in the water and started to swim around.
    He then chucked a can of beer in the water and said to some kids; “wanna drink?”

Unforftunatly for him a 6 foot 4 guy came up to him and said “Pick up your fuken beer can or I’ll crack you like an egg”

Ha that was the funniest thing in the world at the time.

Needless to say he dived in the water, picked up his can, then wandered away muttering to himself.

yellowfin
    Participant

zac

Sevengillz
    Participant

yeah or maybe a piss over the edge of the pier when he comes out from underneath it would make you feel better. 8)

yellowfin
    Participant

hahaha

yellowfin
    Participant

[quote:3co9u3c4]Did he deliberately cut the lines? I’m sure some large sinkers or a shark trace with a 10/0 beak hook could come in quite useful there.

He probably didn’t even look to see there were lines there.

yellowfin
    Participant

Old topic, but I found this video by Metro News broadcasted on CTV in early January.

[quote:35yyjeen]Debate continues on whether Christchurch’s New Brighton Pier should be open to fishers, after a man was stabbed following an argument over fishing territory. A story broadcast on Canterbury Television.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te_Jh4Q6mUI

The “stabbing” refers to this: http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/c … rch/666187 , which I didn’t actually know about. Also doesn’t mention anything about anyone being stabbed there.

So really the future of fishing on the Pier is still not certain.

rdeejay
    Participant

And that’s all it takes really isn’t it to ruin it for others. The stupid actions of one person initially over the fact someone was in their spot deciding to whip out a knife and start threatening someone else is just plain dumb, great thinking that isn’t it cos if that keeps up it will be no ones fishing spot.
    Have you noticed much in the way of people flaunting the rules zac? Thing’s i’ve seen in the couple of times i’ve walked down there to have a nosey is people using the pier railing as a cutting board, crazy overhead casts and people fishing with more than one rod.

yellowfin
    Participant

rdeejay

yellowfin
    Participant

I think the council could’ve done better with dealing with the persistent offenders. I went to a pier liaison group meeting last night and heard that there were very few complaints over the summer even though there were a lot of people using the pier. So it’s likely that the arrangement will be the same for next season where fishing is allowed full time and there is a part time guard/warden.
    There’s a chance the pier may have a fishing platform added at some stage, dependant on cost. That idea has been around for a while but not much has been done about it yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.