Cheesy Garlic Trout Dough Bait

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Hi all,

is Cheesy Garlic Trout Dough Bait legal to make and use here in new zealand, just curious and thought I had better ask “others” who might know before actually trying it and get in trouble with fisheries NZ lol. I have also seen on the web cheese and marshmellows trout like too, any ideas anyone ??

steve

Miliwolf
    Participant

Most likely to be illegal.

lalandi
    Participant

A recent change in the rules has been made to accommodate the use of soft plastics.
    I think the wording of the change is a little ambiguous. It reads
    1. Interpretation
    Bait means:
    Natural fly.
    natural blah
    Blah blah.
    Blah blah.
    Uncoloured bread dough.
    Any scented lure constructed of, or treated with, elements that have chemical attractant properties.

ie softbaits.

later on it states:
    LURE means any authorised artificial fly, spinner or bait.

So… My interpretation is that if you bought your cheesy garlic trout dough from a tackle store and molded it to look like a fish egg or bug and were fishing in bait permitted waters then yes. Legal.
    Not really my cup o char, but whatever blows your hair back.

Any other interpretations?

Miliwolf
    Participant

My interpretation is that if the Cheesy Garlic trout dough is purchased from a tackle store already in the form of a fish/ egg/bug it would be legal. But if you make your own Cheesy garlic trout dough, or purchase the dough and mould it into the shape of a egg/bug it would be illegal.

If you get your friend to make the trout dough, then they mould it into a bug/egg/lure and you purchase the bug/lure from them it would be legal because you are purchasing a scented lure. Very poorly written legalisatio.n

yellowfin
    Participant

My 2c worth, dough is dough (just dont colour it), ensure you have a licence & are fishing in waters alowing bait fishing. Go get the buggers!

Mike H
    Participant

Didn’t a guy get done recently for using bread?

yellowfin
    Participant

id say illegal

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.