Canterbury Kyak Fishing Club

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Yakkaman
    Participant

Cant Kayak fishing club meeting 6-7pm Thursday night 4th June at 7 pilgrim Pl Paddlerzone behind Denny’s restaraunt.

All welcome no cover charge.

Yakkaman
    Participant

I have placed some pic’s on our website, unfortunately they are out of order I’m the guy showing off the kahawai and gurnard.

http://canterburykayakfishingclub.weebl … tings.html

Man I have to stop smoking.

yellowfin
    Participant

Did a Kayak trip over in Thailand and really enjoyed it. Might look into getting a second hand Kayak for the summer.

Yakkaman
    Participant

“Did a Kayak trip over in Thailand and really enjoyed it. Might look into getting a second hand Kayak for the summer.”
    by Shark_Tale » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:52 pm

I reckon now is a good time to target moki around sumner,Taylors and up to boulder bay for a challenge.

[b:uyr6maw8]Also a meeting being held this Thursday 6th August 6-7pm at Paddlerzone 7 Pilgrim Pl behind hoyts8 off Moorhouse Ave, Coasguard having a 20-25min talk.[/b:uyr6maw8]

Yakkaman
    Participant

Sorry all missed the last meeting with coastguard went down real well had good feed back.

[b:2rnd3bwe]Change of venue for next meeting.

3rd September 09
    6pm
    Newbrighton sports and tackle
    Beresford street[/b:2rnd3bwe]
    Peter Hart will cover a few topics on rods, bait and accessories special discount available to all club members.

All welcome come and participate numbers required.

Also kaikoura event coming up 5th September 09

see you all there

Yakkaman
    Participant

Held our meeting at Newbrighton sports shop tonight.

[b:35nczxmi]Big ups to Pete thx 4 all the talk and those new rods are something the alvey 6500 reels are magic a few good uses 4 them!!![b]

10 of us are heading 2 Kaikoura we will b on the water by 9am ky and salmon are plentiful huge work ups going on.

I’ll keep an eye out 4 fellow shore fish’os b good 2 see what all the catch is amongst us all, [b]any challenges or just a good day out!!![/b:35nczxmi]

Yakkaman
    Participant

We went to Kaikoura sea was good around township but no good south bay and back round to Oaro, I got 3 blue cod threw back 10 jsut under size bugger and a couple of perch.

We were off Jimmy Armers outside marine reserve from seal colony only 20mtrs depth a couple of trumpeter caught as well.

Yakkaman
    Participant

Kayak fishing club meeting tonight at Paddlerzone 6pm onwards new members welcome!!!

rdeejay
    Participant

been trying to convince my bro to join up with you guys, he got himself a mission catch 390 he’s a big SOB so suitable for him.

Yakkaman
    Participant

Next meeting 8th November Paddlerzone arranging trip to Okiwi bay also kayak instructor talking for 15-20mins on courses etc.

[b:xd35vmfo]CYA ALL THERE[/b:xd35vmfo]

Yakkaman
    Participant

11 of our Club members stayed at Okiwi bay for the weekend, magic place for fishing. Saturday we got rained out so ended up finding a bay on the way to Cigar bay, set up and split into 3 groups and headed out to the mussel farm which was about 100m off shore around 40m depth.
    I lost bait on the first drop and hooked a blue cod lost heaps of bait alot of small snaps and spotties. Some of us got to see cuda’s within 5m of the shore line chasing baitfish even saw 2 skates almost nosing on the beach. Anyway we all got our limit of cod but no snapper on shore Richard had fillet some of his cod and we were offered a sandwich full of freshly bbqueed fillets. On the Sunday it was pretty choppy, we headed out of Okiwi towards farms again but with little success 1teraki just legal a couple of blue cod.
    3 of us paddled to a reef just in front of entrance to Okiwi bay and Ollie picked up a nice snapper around 4lbs.

I will upload pic’s on our website and in a couple of days http://canterburykayakfishingclub.weebly.com

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.