Canterbury Kingfish

This topic contains 24 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  aretheyrunningyet 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

elmo22
    Participant

good stuff aretheyrunningyet, bet you had great fun playing them, well done

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

Cheers mate & yeah they put up a great fight. There’s some real donkeys out there too but I haven’t landed a really good one yet although I’ve hooked and dropped a couple.

shark slayer
    Participant

there we go…photos of Canterbury kingfish you’ve caught on a Canterbury kingfish thread…nice fish…well done :)

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

Thanks shark slayer, appreciate the feedback. There’s a lot more info on the methods used to catch these fish on a thread I started on another site, link below;

http://www.fishing.net.nz/asp_forums/ca … page1.html

What works best for you out there shark slayer ? It would be great to see some pics of your fish too mate.

shark slayer
    Participant

have only been out once this year for an hour in crap conditions…my mate lost a rat…been to busy catching salmon and work commitments…I have all next week off so hopefully I get some clean water next week..although it ain’t looking to likely…the clean water line needs to be at least within 7kms for me because I target from a 4.1 meter open frewza with a 15hp Suzuki..I have no auxiliary so 10km plus offshore is no where to be if the weather turned…just the usual casting around structure on the surface..livebaiting…going to try trolling livebaits aswel I reckon that could be the key to picking up those bigger fish that no one seems to be able to catch..

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

Got a couple of keepers this year but no donkeys. Time to start hunting salmon now.
    <a href="“>

yellowfin
    Participant

Bloody good Canterbury King That. Cheers for the pic.

shark slayer
    Participant

Thanks man..was stoked..chur

yellowfin
    Participant

Lol S.S I was referring to Aretheyrunning yet…. Still can’t see yours.

shark slayer
    Participant

My bad.. Didnt see that photo until now. Will try sort mine out.. Dont know why it went so big i can see it going on the site on my phone if you zoom out.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members