Canterbury Kingfish

This topic contains 24 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  aretheyrunningyet 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

Anyone on here targeting kingies out of Canterbury and what methods are working for you ?

burkefish
    Participant

was talking to someone today who has caught about 20, using metal jigs and etc . in an area about 4km out. most were about legal size, hasn’t been able to latch on to the occasional big one they have seen.

nickthechippie
    Participant

aretheyrunningyet

yellowfin
    Participant

There are heaps around everywhere atm
    ! Kaikoura moutanu chch hearing of loads getting caught

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

Cheers for the replies, I forgot I had posted this ! We did our last trip out for the season on Sunday and it looks like they kingies have gone for the season. Can’t complain though, got plenty when the weather allowed us to get out.

yellowfin
    Participant

Shark slayer will target a kingi in his kontiki powered bathtub

shark slayer
    Participant

na gonna use your mum instead donnie..very large and bouyant..the kilometer long shadow could also attract kingies haha

shark slayer
    Participant

Sunday the water was rough and dirty as…they don’t feed in that crap…if you caught heaps why would you start a thread called Canterbury kingfish to ask if anyone targets them and how they do it…??? :| ..interesting…..

yellowfin
    Participant

Haha!

yellowfin
    Participant

shark slayer

shark slayer
    Participant

just don’t know why you wouldn’t post your catches and say what’s working for you if your catching heaps of kingfish and you start a thread called Canterbury kingfish instead of just asking if anyone targets them and how they are doing it…don’t know why you would start a thread specificaly asking that question if your already catching heaps….anyhow who cares… they are still there alright usually until at least the end of march…hopefully I have the time to get out when the water cleans up…there will be heaps of kelp floating after that storm and the swell has gone off already… :grin:

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

<a href="“>

Here’s one of the better ones I got this season.

I asked the question to spark some interest and share some experience. It was my first season chasing them out of Canterbury but we had a lot of success using methods nobody else seems to use here. Our first day out we put back around 40 in 3 hours, mostly rats but still fun and the odd good one.

Sure beats catching manky sharks I reckon.

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

“>

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

<a href="“>

Booyah !

yellowfin
    Participant

Bwahahaha good stuff!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members