Breakout Sinker Question

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    thats4shaw
    Participant

I love my fishing but don’t know a heck of a lot about the specifics – always just been tie a few hooks on my line with any old sinker and go from there. I’m in the process of learning.

Anyway, today’s questions is about breakout sinkers. I bought a whole bunch off trade me, but the one’s I bought don’t have a completely closed end to tie onto your line. Can anyone enlighten me how to use these without them falling off my line?

Here’s a picture of one: http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver … 585359.jpg

Cheers all.

Miliwolf
    Participant

I just either tie them on using a normal joining knot or a small clip… I have a few with a slight gap at the end and never lost one due to it. I would say not to worry about the gap.

Fishy Bishy
    Participant

If you are worried about line slipping out, use a heavier shock leader that can’t pass through or simply and gently close the gap in your vise in the garage.

thats4shaw
    Participant

Thanks chaps :)

rdeejay
    Participant

yeah don’t worry about that gap, they look like the ones i used to buy and never lost one due to it just falling off, as fishy said if you are worried well pliers or a vice will take care of that.

yellowfin
    Participant

Your knot will hold it fine, if your knot doesn’t hold that then you will be losing a lot of gear!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.