Birdlings Flat

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Birdlingsflat
    Participant

be careful fish4pot will catch you out! :grin:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Whale Oil Beef Hooked

Anonymous
    Inactive

:eek: :???: :grin:

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

man of few words Jon-you said more when you were silent-wothcha mean boy? :grin:

fishforpot
    Participant

Wot the hell do either of you mofo’s mean ? lol

You get that headlight fixed finally did ya Jon ? … getting near time to hit Goat Point again …..Oh , and Darren found a spot at Kaiks where they are catching good numbers of carrots ….and learned a neat little trick to bring them onto the bite real good …

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was just having a laugh at the idea of photo shopping fish, whale oil beef hooked is a swearing Irishman

Grim, I fixed the headlight but gave up on the truck, it has some rust around the roof seam that needs cutting out, living next to the beach just eats them,
    so i parked it up and bought a car instead.

carrots sound good, had some fun on the moki on friday at Birdlings Flat and recommend it to anyone, makes a nice change from catching sharks.

A mate of mine went up to kaiks for the weekend to do some surfcasting with a selection of baits , be interesting to see how he got on..

rayhunter
    Participant

hi ian how are you whats it like out there today as i thinkng of coming out later for a fish and i will pop in and see you :grin:

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

looks ok..lotsa mist..sea very fishable..what time was going out for a fish too..cheers

rayhunter
    Participant

hey thanks for that im making my way out there in about a hour see you there

sevengiller
    Participant

Ian is the sea looking good for fishing later on tonight

rayhunter
    Participant

hi just got back from there it not to bad there at mo

Anonymous
    Inactive

http://s1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj614/Seahunter4/?action=view&current=tn.jpg

Ian, some feedback on the raw fish you gave me last week,

I spent the afternoon with some good friends in the Waipara Valley on Sunday and took along the moki
    it was a hot day up there so we found a shady spot for a couple of cold corona’s.. complimented with your raw moki dish
    it went down a treat..you now have three converts. :grin:

cheers Jon

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

yup sea is looking excellent-fish seem to be missing though!!!
    thanks Jon Cheers For the feedback.. :grin: trouble is with the Moki dish..gotta get some fresh first..

oldgreyboy
    Participant

the conquest skey is just laying to, the net is on the drum and is mono so the cover is to stop ultra violet light from weakiing it, she must be 4 nautical miles off when set netting to protect hectors dolphins.there is probably 1400 meters of net on that drum and would take about 4 hours to wind in. no way would that boat shoot thr gear in the nite 1 km off wind it in then then go to 4 miles off,no commercial trawler is allowed inside one nautical mile . mainly to stop ellie eggs being ripped out by the ground rope.

fishforpot
    Participant

At 1 km I wouldnt be able to read the name on the side of a trawler with naked eye …..just a shame I didnt write it down the other night …….forgotten it already …

Bastards were working inside a Km , that’s a given …….

Last Sunday night it was pretty bloody windy , they were in pretty close to travel in calmer seas no doubt , trying to find some shelter from the sandhills and shelter belts

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.