Birdlings Flat

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Hows conditions out there this evening birdlings? worth the drive out or has the easterly stuffed things up?

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

cold wet and orrible out there… :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

http://www.metservice.com/marine/surf/birdlings-flat … haha nice little weather info for birdlings flat

yellowfin
    Participant

The swellmap/metservice forecast for birdlings flat is munted.. can’t possibly be almost exactly the same wave size for the next 6 days or so.. (4m+). Was thinking of going for a fish there tomorrow night seeing north of Christchurch isn’t as good an option with a decent NE wind.

yellowfin
    Participant

Was thinking the same thing..Ian can you give us the good oil on conditions out there please? :)

Participant
    yellowfin
    Participant

its fixed now haha

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

looking great for the weekend :grin:

elmo22
    Participant

thanks i will be out for my first fish in late afternoon to get the top of tide hope there are some there saturday

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

IS901055

Keruru Fishing Co Limited

Conquest Skye

150 Sparks Road

Christchurch

Very Close to shore….

Rabbit
    Participant

Hi,

I have just started doing some surf casting for fishing relief when the rivers are dirty. Had a crack at birdlings last night without success – unless you call being relieved of your bait almost instantly every cast success (crabs????)

Can anyone let me know:
    What is more important – tide or time of day?
    How far you you need to cast – just behind the breakers of longer the better?
    Do you need to be right on ‘spot x’ or can you have a reasonable crack anywhere along the beach?

Cheers in advance.

PS – new to the forum

yellowfin
    Participant

Hey Ian , that drum looks like a set net drum on the boat and a metal guide thingy on the stern to set the net.I recon that the bastards are coming in close to shore and using their fish finder to see if schools of eles or rig are about.They probably sneak back in the dark to rape and pilage.If they turn off their boat lights you wouldnt even know they were there.Or am I being paranoid.
    Bugger it.Lets bring out the rocket launchers and nuke em anyway.The beach seems very quiet at the moment .(apart from mizz lips).

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

side on you can see its a set net drum(winch)why is the material draped over it?–one guess to hide it!Now I could find a good use for longline torpedos off the beach full of semtex..lol or rocket launchers..jeez they are flaunting it–hey socky I can remember switching the nav lights to stealth mode too lol

to answer Rabbit :grin: Welcome to the bullshit files :grin:
    just beyond the breakers is fine
    most fish are fairly close in
    tua tuas or shrimp down by the cliff is firing for Blue moki at the mo
    squid/crabs/shrimp/strip baits anywhere is a good guess..
    shrimp and crab bait for eles/rig/-fishy baits for greyboy
    pylons down the right of birdlings works well
    straight out the carpark for kahawai etc..low light eve and early morning fishes well
    tides mean bugger all to me..its an access thing here
    watch out for the sharp end of sharks and hooks happy fishing

yellowfin
    Participant

Kereru Fishing has 3 boats listed on the govt food & safety website.. looks like a family business, owned by the Skene family.

Rabbit
    Participant

Thanks Birdlingsflat. Always up for a bit of BS. Can’t wait to catch a few fish and photoshop them to twice the size before posting here

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.