Best braid

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

with all the braid out on the market. What do you guys who have used it think to find is the best. with a reasonable price and reasonable quality

St_Paul
    Participant

Suffix performance would be my pick followed closely by power pro

Miliwolf
    Participant

Fireline should not be used in the Surf. I find it quite hard to get ‘comparison’ reviews of different braids online or anywhere.

Has anyone tried daiwa saltiga surf braid, looks good but that might be due to the price.

yellowfin
    Participant

yes i use powerpro currently and find it too be good never had any problems with it although hav been busted off on my mainline a few times

St_Paul
    Participant

the review on braids on this site is quite accurate. I agree with miliwolf wouldn’t touch fireline for surf use, tried it once and wouldn’t bother again. It is however the best for softbaiting from a boat.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Up there with the best for softbaiting from a boat.

fused Braids like Rapala titanium and Sten microfuse also work well.

St_Paul
    Participant

have found rapala titanium to be a little too limp and subject to line twist. stren microfuse haven’t tried

Miliwolf
    Participant

Another one worth using for SB fishing is Cortland master braid. When my fireline needs replacing I have not decided what to replace it with.

Sevengillz
    Participant

I use plan old 35lb cortland blackspot and thats prob all im ever going to use from now on.Its lasted me a long time and it got thrashed over the last two summers and I cant remember when I ever busted it.I have broken heaps of leaders and snapped traces and like I said I cant remember when I last broke my mainline and considering where it gets used,Rough surf,shingle,rocks n boulders.That must say something about quality oh and its cheap as chips 8)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.