Best and worst fishing moments

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Anyone want to share their best and worst fishing experiences?

I’ve only been into fishing for about 6 weeks so I don’t have much to share. So far the best

yellowfin
    Participant

yes i would say finding

yellowfin
    Participant

I got a nice sized hook right up in my thumb once past the barb, had to go to the hospital to get it cut out. They put laughing gass on me while injecting numbing stuff into my thumb and I started singing jinglebells really loud in the hospital. Dam that was funny, but the hook hurt! I’ll tell ya.

Best moment? I’m not sure, getting a nice 6kg snapper off the front of my uncles launch in the Marlborough Sounds was a great one.

Cheers
    Aaron

yellowfin
    Participant

My worst experience happened earlier this year.After a 3hr drive through the sounds to try for some cod off the rocks.Arrived there at sun up and had a wee rockclimbing mission arond the shoreline to reach the spot.Halfway around a rock face I lost my grip and dropped a metre into shoulder deep water.It was early morning,I had jeans on,no towel or spare clothes! I decided to go and on the wharf in the sun and try dry out but almost instantly it clouded over and the cool breeze didnt help things either.Wasnt feeling

fishsnatcher
    Participant

LOL my best and worst occasion are 1 and the same, it was a beautiful fishing time on the Waiau river fish evrerywhere all 3lb and above about 20 fish evrywhere! I got a nice fish on judging by the tug one of the 3-5 pound range and it busted off and i got a snag [man i was p1ss3d] then i pulled it loose and the hook wizzed past my head and hooked me in the ear!

That is my best and worst trip, fish evrywhere, nice calm night, and a hook through the ear.

yellowfin
    Participant

My best and worse happened on the same occasion..

We had berleyed up hard at karaka Point in Queen Charlotte sound.
    Had been having fun with kahawai all morning, when we spotted a kingi cruising out past the weed line.
    I rigged up a livie and sent 1 out. It got nailed in seconds. And I got busted off in seconds as well.. I rigged up again and sent it out again.. It got nailed just as fast again.
    And again I got busted off.. It was my 2nd encounter with kingis and the 1st time I had hooked them. It was one of the biggest adrenalin rushes I’ve had while fishing.
    But It turned out I had forgotten about sunblock. And I had been sitting in calm hot conditions all day.. I ended up not being able to walk on my sunburnt legs for 2 days and had to take 2 days off work :oops: :lol:

I’m seeking my kingfish revenge :twisted:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.