Berkley vanish flurocarbon

Posted By troutfishernz On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 8 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  troutfishernz 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

troutfishernz
    Participant

Just brought a 250m spool of 8lb Berkley vanish for leaders for my spin reel. Guy in the shop said it was good stuff, but Ive just got home and done some reading on the internet and lots of people seem to think its rubbish. Anyone here used it?

Miliwolf
    Participant

The 250m spools of Vanish was designed to be used as a mainline, many people purchased it and expected it to be the same as the leader quality Berkley Vanish so were disappointed. This might be the origin of same of the negative feedback.

With regards to its quality as a mainline I have no experience.

troutfishernz
    Participant

Yeah I thought that might be the case. Just tied 10m onto my mainline and the knot seems to hold alright but Will test it out this weekend and if its no good as a leader will just spool my whole reel with it.

troutfishernz
    Participant

Well after using this stuff as a mainline for a couple of months I will not be using it again.
    While it does result in more strikes and you get better feel, the stuff tangles so easily its just not worth it.

will be using a flouro leader though at the increase in strikes compared to mono is significant.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Interesting to hear the results. Now I know not to try it.

Americans like to use fluorocarbon mainlines for bass fishing, a few years back there was a interesting article on tackletour comparing a dozen or so of them.

Fishy Bishy
    Participant

Just had a nightmare up country on Sunday with a fluorocarbon from USA I was trialing with a view to stocking it. Bloody annoying tangles and pulling loops from well down into the spool, will just use the rest of the 500m for traces and leaders now (doh!)

troutfishernz
    Participant

Not sure if its just flurocarbon in general but I found the vanish is really bad for line twist.

I’m thinking of getting some P line off E bay once Ive used up the vanish as all the reviews on the internet seem positive.

St_Paul
    Participant

I’ve tried it, don’t bother its crap for leaders!
    As a mainline its probably better suited to freespool reels as seems to dislike fixed spools, heaps of twists as previously mentioned

troutfishernz
    Participant

What brand of Fluorocarbon do you recommend for leaders St Paul?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members