AshVegas Fish-out

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Trumpy
    Participant

A call to arms,

Not only to Zac, but to others from around the area.

Want to come down here (or up here) and get away from the devastation of the Christchurch earthquake?

Really easy times, bring the brew of your choice, a tent if you have one.

No-one will be driving home drunk, let that be said.

Bring a sleeping bag, we’ll soon get you a comfortable place to sleep.

Name your beach, this is NOT a competition, just a chance for us to get together, throw-down and relax.

If we catch some fish, so be it.

I can bring some wood if you would like a fire (oh and water to put it out later).

Anyone got a cooking frame that can be placed over hot coals?, if you haven’t, I can weld one up at work.

I have meat (beef) in case we don’t catch anything.

Your thoughts please, name a weekend that suits you, I’d like to have this in the next couple of weeks, but if it isn’t going to happen, it can always be post-poned for a few weeks.

yellowfin
    Participant

I’d be keen, but working most weekends at the moment althou I am now based in Dorie so could easily make it for a evening fish if not the whole night :)

yellowfin
    Participant

Could go depends what week and day it is. I’ve hardly been fishing at all this whole season and can’t say I’ve caught a decent fish all this year just haven’t had time or weather etc hasn’t worked out. Thinking of a trip up to kaikoura rather than wasting time down at canturbury beaches catching dogfish although rig will still be around and maybe ele’s as well.

HIPP
    Participant

An awsome idea and thanks for the offer, but I also am working the next few weekends.

These get togethers i think are agreat idea, like Birdlings one, competition or not still agood idea,

I fear this season is nearly at an end, but I hope there will be occations like this next year to get along to.

Cheers, Hipp

yellowfin
    Participant

Yes we should try make it a regular thing a group fish every 2 or 3 months or something winter or not just to get out and keep in contact etc over winter though places like kaikoura maybe way better a theres far less dogfish there

Anonymous
    Inactive

could anyone tell me whats good weather for kaikoura heading up for a few days keen to try the wharf :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.