anyone selling crab around chch?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

I wanted some crab from gourmet seafood in nelson but they have sold out, anyone know where I can buy some more?

rayhunter
    Participant

pak n save moorhouse ave hav them today

PierMaster
    Participant

just go and catch your own from the pier or southshore :P they are very easy! You can sometimes buy them from pakn save moorhouse or riccarton otherwise some fish shops have them, wainoni fish supply sometimes have them, but usually when you buy them they are quite large crabs and often fairly exspensive and often catch permitting

beameer
    Participant

Pak and save Riccarton wholesale fish supply Gasson street Sydnem also had some last week,

yellowfin
    Participant

Pak n save wainoni had them yesterday. $12 per kg I think..

yellowfin
    Participant

i rung pak n save wainoni just then, went through to seafood area and she said they have never sold crab and thought I was wierd lol

yellowfin
    Participant

Well I seen some of these things with my very own eyes on thursday.

Maybe they call them sea spiders or something.. but they definately had them. Were on special, had a red price card and everything. I guess there is a reason their staff get paid not much more than minimum wage.

yellowfin
    Participant

I got some so thanks alot guys

Ill be fishing again soon!

rayhunter
    Participant

why buy them im allways keen to take some one out to catch them

yellowfin
    Participant

to be honest, i just have never tried to catch any and don’t know really where to go.

yellowfin
    Participant

Just be careful catching these crustaceans, they can be vicious and will attack the careless hunter!

PierMaster
    Participant

Get yourself a $10 net from rebel sport add some sinkers and bait and use it off the pier you will get plenty and dont have to get wet, otherwise you can get another net/ pot and use it at the beach by wading out abit or go to southshore at lowtide and jsut through it out abit in the mouth. I usually use ox heart or sheep heart but chicken frames and fish work well too :)

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

I have seen the extensive gouge marks on sockies arm..dont go crab fishing!Its crazy,wild,unknowing and farking bloody dangerOUS!!!Not only do you risk being slowly nipped to pieces but infected water may enter the ragged crab wounds and you will be in grave danger of being a fully fledged…Fisherman!! :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:

yellowfin
    Participant

Yessssss my preciousssssss weee loveszzzzz our ffeeshesssssssss.

fishforpot
    Participant

Was down at PnS Wainoni an hour ago , crabs are $12.50 a kilo ….. whoever you rang musta been on drugs ….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.