Anyone bottom fished off giants nose ??

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    fishforpot
    Participant

How far do you need to cast to clear the foul , if fishing off giants nose casting towards black rock ??

Ive fished there many times but only using floats

yellowfin
    Participant

Maybe you’ll just have to find out for yourself. I’m going to be fishing taylors mistake area all this weekend since the weathers meant to be really nice. Not sure how far I’ll go walking to different spots on the rocks though. Do you access giants nose from taylors mistake or is there some other way to get there?

fishforpot
    Participant

Maybe you’ll just have to find out for yourself lol ……..

If I can swing a day off work , or even half a day , I will pop over there ……Last time we went to black rock , we took note of people walking down the hill above giants nose ….and found where to access it from the road above ….its a tiny track down like a grass alleyway on the crner of a right hand bend about 100-200 mtrs past smugglers cove I think it was …..and back another 50-100 is a flat spot to park on the opposite side of the road …

fishforpot
    Participant

Park on the right , 50 mtrs past appian lane ….walk another 50 and thru the fence on the left …

Took me 11 minutes to walk back to the car from sea level …..and Im horribly unfit

A bit foul for the type of fishing I tried this morning ….

Yakkaman
    Participant

fishforpot

fishforpot
    Participant

Its the 2nd large rocky outcrop on the opposite side of taylors ….

Moki point is the the first one , like a flat lava flow …….about the same distance out into the bay as black rock , you will spot a knob sticking up above a flat area ….theres stairs cut into the ground , its a little hairy but safe enough

Water is definately deeper ….reefy as so I found , all those years fishing taylors I never fished the bottom …

Wouldnt suprise me if there’s more bluecod in there , Im fairly certain I had a double hookup when I caught that small one , the bigger one pulled the hook off the line …2 lb from my ultralight outfit I was using in the berley on the surface to catch mullet …..damn knot slipped …..

Worth trying some sacraficial sinkers with single bait and fishing off the sides of that reef ….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.