Amberly results as follows – Kaikoura ??

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Exactly Ian I agree totally and with pier master fishing a for everyone it’s a big coastline can soon moe along a little bit if someone’s in “your spot” happened to me last week pulled up at a spot I fish a lot a guy was there catching nothing I went down the beach 100m and caught more anyways

shark slayer
    Participant

if you average it out over the 7 month season i took 2.5 per month…very greedy indeed the most i have ever taken in a season…i took 5 rig out of 100 so thats a 95% return rate..fuck i am greedy..i wasny trying to wind anyone up i just dont agree with the pointless killing of fish that happens under the current competition format..ian robertson organised a comp a few years back with a good format that allowed people to claim the fish without pointlessly killing them..the blenheim fishing club used to have comps at the ure years ago..me and the old man counted 40 kahawai 35 large schoolies heaps of doggiea skate a blue shark 50 blue cod and a heap of red cod all dead on the beach at that spot after they were done.. i cant catch blue cod there anymore they are gone…you can say what you want but i dont gree with it its billshit and i am allowed my opinion..cant be bothered poinessly arguing about it anyway..me on coastwatch haha what a character..stop windi.g them up donnie.

yellowfin
    Participant

I do hav to agree with you shark slayer, the killing is a sad thing even if it it is just doggys and skate , etc better ways need to be sorted though I see this hard but maybe more weigh stations at closer intervals along the beach or something that the fish has to be weighed alive then can be released or something, I’m not sure really , there will be difficulties with this but I’m sure there can be a way to do it with out getting rid of comps , even if it comes to things like dogfish skate eye will
    Not be eligible, only species like rig gurnard kahawai cod snapper moki etc being eligible to be entered

shark slayer
    Participant

longest fish wins would be better have marshals at intervals along the beach ready to measure so any fish that are not being kept to eat can be returned..have a target list of species that cam be entered and have lower bag limits imposed juat for the comp to avoid a rapefest..dont have probs with comps just the way they are run…run properly its a good chance to educate people on fish stock freindly practises…my comment about facebook and spot exposure was taken out of context..nothing wrong with sharing techniques or popular locations where you caught i have done that on here many a ttime..just wish people would be a bit smarter when it comes to getting specific about hidden gems and spots that prevoously had little pressure..popular spots its ok they get hammered anyway but more and more of that coast is receivinv pressure all the time.most guys om the forums are good but its the people watching in without coming on that are tbe problem..you can pm e
    people without anyone being able to see it therefore you know the guys your telling are going to respect it..i was a bit harsh with my first comment and for that i apoligise i just get wound up because o grew up on that coast and know how good it used to be..now alot of my old prime spots arw full of litter,longliners and idiots it sucks.

croozer
    Participant

Perhaps another points system? I have fished a lot of competitions, something like 500 plus, ranging from club level to national. My advise would be along these lines. Make different species worth different points per kilo, and make the undesirable/inedible species ineligible to weigh in. Perhaps something along the lines of 30 point fish, Snaps, Carrots, Moki, Salmon, Kings, Blue Cod, Terraki. 10 point a kilo fish, perhaps Kahawai,Eles and grey boys. Ineligible species, Skates/rays. 7 Gills, Eels, Doggies and any other “sunbathers” that may happen along. if organizations continue to condone/promote senseless killing of all animals, it won’t be long before the Greens get hold of it and bang, no more contests. I might add that we used to only be allowed to weigh 6 maximum of any specie, regardless of state bag limits. I know some backward thinkers will poopoo this, but it made us much better anglers because we had to be versatile in that we had to target a range of desirable, edible species, without the wholesale slaughter of the rubbish fish. Just a thought. Personally I would prefer to catch 12-20 fin fish for the weekend than 1 old skate or eel.

shark slayer
    Participant

good post croozer….nuff said 8)

yellowfin
    Participant

prizes catch n release i.e hot weird greedy gob women and what theyl do to win top prize

Mine wld win full core

shark slayer
    Participant

didnt get a word of that…you been drinking again haha

croozer
    Participant

rig_slasher

yellowfin
    Participant

Yes yes i had… It isssss my bday after all

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.