Amberly beach COMP

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Just wondering if anyone is entering the competition? I am but I was also wondering what type of fish I might run into ver there? Will it be mainly shark? Have never fished there b4.

yellowfin
    Participant

ahhhh i would be but ill be in kaikoura at that time.species that you could catch will be red cod.rig.skate.doggies.mullet.kaiwhai. and school sharks they will be the main catches id say

yellowfin
    Participant

sea may be fairly rough from the southerly

yellowfin
    Participant

Well done the comp and I caught sweet F-A. it starte at 9am which as it fell was out going/deadlow tide. for about 3 hrs the biggest fish(as it was going by length) was a herring at 40ish centimetres.

St_Paul
    Participant

I had a crack too got nothing worth measuring (1 tiny doggie that was foul hooked)

Hey Ninj@ did you notice they hads been berleying the beach with animal fat? it was all left on the beach as the tide emptied out in the morning and then sat in the sun going rancid until the tide came back up. I reckon thats why the fishing was such crap.

Note to anyone running a fishing contest: don’t use fat as berley, buy some sacks of salmon feed from a stock food supplier or get the buggres to donate it!

yellowfin
    Participant

Hey NiNj@, had any other luck with the salmon so far? I’ve tried a couple of times at mackintoshes but no luck so far.

Miliwolf
    Participant

St_Paul

yellowfin
    Participant

St_Paul

yellowfin
    Participant

grimace

yellowfin
    Participant

ahhhhh for salmon there is smiths st corner which is kinda across the road from the rugby

yellowfin
    Participant

also if you want anymore tips

yellowfin
    Participant

Kahawai on bait or spinning? Me and a mate keen to catch something vaguely edible. Tried trolling along in my kayak down the kaiapoi and towards kairaki, got a couple of small kahawai but nothing to write home about…

yellowfin
    Participant

both really

Sevengillz
    Participant

So what was the winning fish in the end? anyone stick around to find out?

Oops I just read that in a previous post :P

yellowfin
    Participant

LOL @ 7gillz

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.