Advice needed

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can offer me some advice.

I want to buy my Dad a good Rod for his 60th Birthday. It will be used in a Snapper surfcasting competition next year. I’ll be looking at spending about $300?

If anyone can give me an idea of what I should be looking at I would really appreciate it!

yellowfin
    Participant

snapper surfcasting comp so that means its more likely a north island thing ahhhh something

Miliwolf
    Participant

I have heard few bad but quite a few good things said about the Okuma Solaris surf rods. They cost around $220-250.

Other options would be the Okuma Predator which is a slightly softer rod which is less capabel of casting heavier sinkers. Or the Okuma Axeon which is stiffer then the Solaris. All three rods are simalar in price.

If you got the money, the Killwell Powerplay SLX is suppose to be a top rod. I believe they cost around $400

yellowfin
    Participant

So your just looking for

yellowfin
    Participant

Yeah,

I am thinking of spending more money on the Rod, so I can get a really good one.

I’ll have a look at some of the website with Shops and Look at the rods suggested by you all!

Thanks

St_Paul
    Participant

Can highly recommend the solaris, great rod for the $$ also have a look at the okuma axeon just got a 13’6 and its a nice bit of kit.
    have a look at http://www.discountfishing%20supplies.co.nz
    prices are pretty good and $5 flat delivery fee.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.