2014 Spring & summer surf catches

Posted By yellowfin On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 32 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  yellowfin 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author

yellowfin
    Participant

Some one needs to start the topic……

troutfishernz
    Participant

fished Timaru today, about standard for this time of year, mostly doggies and the odd red cod.

shark slayer
    Participant

it’s time to start putting in the effort..have a few line class records I want to break.. 8)

Sevengillz
    Participant

Took home a pair of Rig today , Caught 5 , released 3 all about the same size and all female . Apart from them it was only pup tope that made an appearance today . No doggies or cod things are looking up 8)

shark slayer
    Participant

good stuff sevengillz..plan on heading out sometime this week for a rig sesh

shark slayer
    Participant

things are heating up..spent the day nailing big kahawai after big kahawai on the spin and fly gear on sunday..

troutfishernz
    Participant

fished timaru this afternoon/evening, About 25 dogfish, 2 red cod, 2 carpet sharks plus a 8lb greyboy.

shark slayer
    Participant

the southerly fronts have arrived…hopefully we dont get a shit october but i have a feeling we mite..gotta pay for the mild winter at some stage..

chchlandbased
    Participant

Fished south from bayleys Friday evening. First cast, crabbed off.Second cast and darkness had by then set in. A take, but in the excitement must have pulled the recurve hook out of its mouth. Wind back in quarter of a crab. Third cast, almost immediately a take…a bit wiser this time I let it take the bait and it’s all on…. multiple runs later and I am left in no doubt that this is a rig, and a bloody good one. A large cow obviously full of pups. Ended up with 3 rig for the evening. Great time of year to be there: no idiots, no squid packets.

elmo22
    Participant

well done chchlandbased nice to hear that some good fish are turning up now

shark slayer
    Participant

good stuff man nice to see someone getting started..ive been meaning to have a surf fish but havnt had time..gonna head out this w.e weather permitting

shark slayer
    Participant

went out and got my first rig of the season last week..a cow around the 22lb mark,pregnant,released..in solid condition it waited until it got in close to fight and was power jumping in the surf..awesome to watch..went out this eve..first cast big cow ele south of rangitata..put up a mean scrap on 10lb braid..going to be lots of fun this year on lite gear..stoked to be on the board..pics to come.. :grin:

troutfishernz
    Participant

good stuff shark slayer, seen a elehant fish head on the Beach as a walked down to opihi mouth this morning.

shark slayer
    Participant

cheers troutfisher..went out monday eve..perfect conditions,good moon faze..17lb rig…still early…outgoing tide didnt help.

troutfishernz
    Participant

just got back from browns beach, one skate several dogfish and a carpet shark, so still plenty of winter species around.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members