2013 sping/summer surf catches.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 410 total)
  • Author
    chchlandbased
    Participant

Any reports of eles around Christchurch yet? First year targeting them, keen on trying pines/spencer park or birdlings

Duckman
    Participant

if you want to try further a field, napenape and conway i have caught at recently as in a couple of weeks, but they should be starting to show up around canterbury

chchlandbased
    Participant

Thanks Duckman, yes might try again, passed by Napenape about 3 weeks ago and had a cast early one morning, but nothing. Had a good take but didn’t hook up. Are longer casts better rather than just past the breakers?

Duckman
    Participant

i don’t think it really matters, i’m a shocker and go for big casts, but just think if the fish are there they will find the bait hopefully before the doggies and crabs

yellowfin
    Participant

caught ele out the way. Lol
    About 5lb just one then over run with doggys and small tope

troutfishernz
    Participant

had a quick fish east of Temuka this afternoon, Not much around just a few small Greyboys and one small Rig around 4lb.

yellowfin
    Participant

heard of ellies near timaru tonight last couple of days

fishforpot
    Participant

A report from Pendarves this morning – 2 male elephant fish

No whitebait at the Mac today

shark slayer
    Participant

looks like its shaping up to be a good season ffp,they took a long time to come on the boil last year.went up to kaikoura for the weekend to target the kahawai..fished the beach friday night,a sevengiller a bunch of skate and carpet sharks and a kahawai was the result.spent sat and sunday spinning got about a hundred kahawai between me and a mate on lite trout gear and 6lb braid..super fun,managed a salmon aswel only went 4lb but i wont be complaining when i eat it.my mate also hooked and dropped a salmon around the 11lb mark and i dropped one aswel.

Duckman
    Participant

went up to NapeNape today with m8’s, only caught a lil bird trying for kahawai, m8’s fished better with 3 ele’s, Skates, a massive 7giller, Kahawai, a Conger eel and a Doggie

yellowfin
    Participant

Just got home from fishing south rangitata mouth one salmon taken at 445pm on a 32gm slice green with black @ 13lb and just on dark lowering tide at orari mouth caught two kahawai also

Hayden

beameer
    Participant

Fished Taumutu off the white bridge from dawn till 09:30 conditions perfect managed only 1 doggie very dissapointing, beach had several elle’s heads at various places I’m guessing from the evening before,out again this evening off Smith’s road once again nothing ,heard reports of torpedoes scoring elle’s right at the end of there tow seems that they are still off shore some ways

chchlandbased
    Participant

Managed my first ele and a small rig the other night at Taumutu on whole cooked prawn. What bait do you all use for eles?
    Baits were on a 5/0 mutsu sabiki rig.

shark slayer
    Participant

i tried yesterday eve aswel beemer..had a good hit just before dusk but it didnt stick..my rod buckled hard over and sprung back up.might try again this eve..it definitely didnt help that a dirty fukin trawler went past about 800 mdters off the beach just as we were setting up..headed toward the rakaia.took photos and footage of the kunt so i can report it.couldnt see a name or ntmber on the boat tho.anyone know if there regs have changed?i thought it was a 3km sanction and they have a so called self imposed 5km limit.

Duckman
    Participant

chchlandbased

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 410 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.