2013 sping/summer surf catches.

Posted By troutfishernz On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 409 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  troutfishernz 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 406 through 410 (of 410 total)
  • Author

shark slayer
    Participant

out deep into 200m plus..they also make migrations up the coast..they dont spawn in deep water all there spawning is done in shallow coastal waters were food is more abundant for there pups and the survival rate is better.

smells like fish
    Participant

so rig and trout fuck off during winter at least the blue cod still hang around.Its probably a bit different down on the south coast than it is up you ways.Do moki leave as well?Im pretty sure gurnard stay put too.

shark slayer
    Participant

most of the adult spawning population of moki head up north over winter..however school size moki(2kg) and the odd big moocher are still around over winter but they stop feeding close to shore and are generaly found in 10m plus of water around reefs..gurnard leave the shore around the east coast of the north canterbury area..over winter..do you get gurnard off the beach down your way?

smells like fish
    Participant

na have not caught a gurnard off the beaches down here.Im off on a fishing trip to frazer island off the coast of north queensland on Friday for a couple of weeks so I will get my fair share of string pullers soon.Went there last year and was hooking up almost everycast with different species coming in .Esp liked catching a fish called tailer which fight better than ky.

Looking forward to the sea run trout down here mid august onwards too.

Anonymous

Went to Rangitata south side 50kmh nor west , sea flat as and the casts were just as far as they needed to be the eles started smashing the baits squid only this evening the kids Sam and Kaleb and i had a ball around 20 fish caught between six and 9pm all released except two males we kept for a tangata whenua feed tonite.
    On the menu is beer battered ele schoolie fillet and a little flounder and blue cod
    With Makikihi fries and salads.
    Cant wait

Viewing 5 posts - 406 through 410 (of 410 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members