2013 sping/summer surf catches.

Posted By troutfishernz On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 409 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  troutfishernz 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 410 total)
  • Author

shark slayer
    Participant

Word!..o well next one will be bigger..out of interest was it a male or female and what size hool?..looks like a female but hard to see from photo.

fishforpot
    Participant

It looks like it’s only just pushed it’s way out the egg ….and it’s eyes aint even opened yet lmao

beameer
    Participant

Cleaver use of photoshop there duckman! :grin:

shark slayer
    Participant

Yeap definitely a short life for that ele ffp haha donalds bait is probably the first thing it tried to eat..man this forum has been slow…i need to get out..and so do the rest of you..someone catch something.. :razz:

yellowfin
    Participant

I’ve been out I just post it on Facebook or keep it to myself now days

elmo22
    Participant

Im not on face book the fiery ginga, so please share what”s happen to you fish wise.. I am going out to baleys tomorrow after work hope to get a rig or anything that’s going to bite my bait and then hopefully be back out Saturday morning all going well, tides and swell look good, don’t know about bite time but hope its a good long bite time

Miliwolf
    Participant

I have not been to go Surfcasting lately, mostly been out paddling my kayaks or taking photos. Done a little fishing at the local river mouths for Kahawai, and put very little effort into a Moki fish one night (Saw a little blue penguin in the surf zone, so spent much of the evening watching it instead, hoping for a photo).

My Kayak trips are not normally serious fishing attempts so do not normally report on them unless something interesting happens.

yellowfin
    Participant

Not a lot Elmo nothing really much special just been getting loads of kahawai, few rig and moki along with gurnard and greys and seven gillers have not put much effort in the last couple weeks as I would have liked got some snapper in the signs a though

shark slayer
    Participant

Nice moki sevengillz..well done..are they your first?

Sevengillz
    Participant

shark slayer

Miliwolf
    Participant

Fished one of my Snapper spots last night until 11:15pm, fishing was quite slow with a good size Pannie after dark and a couple of small eagle rays which got my hopes up for a few moments. Then I grabbed a few hours sleep and went for a Kayak in the morning but bed was to comfy and I was still tired when I launched so missed the prime change of light. Had a nice paddle but nothing took my lures.

Part of the reason I was so tired in the morning is because after I finished fishing, I spent quite a while taking photos… was a very clear night with no moon in sight an I wanted to make the most of it.

“>

yellowfin
    Participant

Headed over to birdlings after work yesterday. Wind wasn’t to bad and dropped to nothing at 7 ish. A few good sized brakers every now and again but nothing a recast didn’t solve. Using squid managed to get a mullet and some small various sharks. Nothing for the smoker. Left just on sun down. Think there was a seal messing around just behind the waves at 1 point. It was good to get a line wet been itching to get out for a cast.

elmo22
    Participant

went to baleys after work on Wednesday got there about 5.45pm the sea was quite dirty and a bit rough.got one rod in the water and was baiting up the other when the first rod bent over after a short fight had a rig landed,in the next hour I caught 2 more rig all about 90cm long not big but still a good fish,also had 2 other bites by 7.15pm.. I had no bites for about 1/2 hr and it was as windy as hell so came home.. got up early on Saturday morning and went back out to baleys got there about 6.45am and started fishing with in a few minutes got a nice bite and landed a rig, 1/2 hr later got other one one was 1100 and the other 1000 they but up a good fight and with the waves they took a while to land. think I would of got more fish on Saturday but only had three crabs so they were eaten up quickly nothing on the prawn that I had..went and got some crabs on Saturday afternoon at the pirer got 43, went there on firday night but got nothing don’t think I had the right bite so went and got some chicken frames and got then Saturday so a good couple of fishing days

yellowfin
    Participant

great pic wolf.

Duckman
    Participant

6.48lb Kahawai
    and my Rig

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 410 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members