2013 sping/summer surf catches.

Posted By troutfishernz On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 409 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  troutfishernz 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 410 total)
  • Author

Duckman
    Participant

Went for a Xmas fish, was slow as but seen heaps of work ups, managed 1 Kahawai and a Legal Crayfish, first for the surf casting :grin:

shark slayer
    Participant

nice cray..din dins or bait?great moki bait in kaikoura dosnt work that well on bp..if i only caught one would garlic butter it up and under the grill..this weather is pissing me off..have salmon fever bad but cant be shagged during the week because im working the xmas period to save hollidays for a better time…must get out..think i will go to the harbour in the rain..rig on trout gear and a big ray to stretch my line could be the antidote for cabin fever!!! :razz:

Duckman
    Participant

garlic salt and bbq’d it, bloody nice too

Miliwolf
    Participant

Took the The fiery ginga to a little spot I sometime fish in Tennyson inlet on Sunday, was a long day. Picked him up around 7:30, and started fishing shortly after 10am. The weather was mixed, warm morning which turned to rain, and after we were soaked it slowly cleared to a perfect evening. The fishing was rather slow, with only Kahawai, Mackerel, Barracouta, Mullet and a few Snapper being caught right on dark. I had live baits out most of the time, one got spooked quite badly by something which created a bow wave but that little else happened.

Think I would do a few shore based kingie missions while waiting to recover from my various health aliments which have been preventing me from kayaking.

shark slayer
    Participant

nothing but lice for me last night so you guys did alot better haha dragged the bottom with softies trying for flounder for a while..got a few hits but not sure what from..hooked up twice and the hooks snapped..shitty berkely jigheads!!..sounds like you had interest from a kingi mili…get out and show us one!

elmo22
    Participant

went out to bailelys this morning got there a bit late 6.30am got 2 rods in the water one with crab, the other with pipi on one hook prawn on the other hook the first cast hook a good size eley about 10-12lb then crabs had a good feed about 2hrs later got a small greyboy about 1hr later got a other greyboy a bit bigger but returned, had 2 good bites,,by 11am I started to pack up and then hooked into a good fish, crab on for bait got it to just behind the breaker easily and then it woke up and took off dragged my line out and then dropped the bait so packed up and headed home,,wont be able to get out for a couple of weeks as of to aussie in morning so hope everyone on here have a good and safe new year

Miliwolf
    Participant

shark slayer

shark slayer
    Participant

depends on the size of the bow wave haha but in saying that have seen cuda make a mean bow wave chasing a ticer…but either way still show us one :grin: ..well done on the ele elmo…gave up on bayleys myself before xmas but good to see the odd one still lurking..

yellowfin
    Participant

yep did ok yesterday at pare. 6 eles each biggest 11lb and mostly males :)
    i saw 4 salmon caught today aswell aparently there was 6 …
    I gotta go get onnit
    S.s you can come down and blank here mate…
    No lice here LOL

yellowfin
    Participant

Just came back from birdlings, nice and flat sea. 6 small doggies all returned. Nice for the we man to reel in though.

HIPP
    Participant

Fished coopers lagoon beach last night with a friend….lots of people there, one kite set up managed what looked to be 3 or 4 doggies on Pippi and a bag on long line, bit far to see but didnt look much happing…..didnt see anyone catch anything on rods…we had the usual, crab, pipis and cooked prawn…all baits getting stripped…was hoping for a bit of activity from the New moon, but nudda….Well done Rig Slasher where is Pare…north or south?, Cheers Hipp

yellowfin
    Participant

South of timaru Pareora
    Me n s.s were fishing there the other day in the nor wester and the freezing works guys dumped a big skip of sheep offal and skins in their paddock beside where we were fishing
    Since wed had many beverages the night before the smell of the works was heaps better than what they dumped i saw the color drain from ss face and we were outta there.
    Seems like the surf beaches blanked this w.e down here saw a salmon caught at the orari mouth but other than that a couple ky
    And small mullet
    Just now it started pissing down.
    Time to get the salmon gear out
    And put the surf casters away me thinks

yellowfin
    Participant

[i:dfwc8rsh]The first kahawai.[/i:dfwc8rsh]

This pesky bird wasted a lot of fishing time while I released it.

Two fish landed!
    I was driving along the highway north of Kaikoura recently when I spotted a huge work-up right on the breaker-line just across the road. For once I had a rod close at hand. I stopped and grabbed the rod before running across the road to the beach, trying to thread the line up through the guides at the same time – more or less. There were birds everywhere. I haven’t seen such an enormous work-up right on the beach for years. The sea was almost flat calm.
    First cast landed a good kahawai; second cast landed a dam bird. The ungrateful bugger kept trying to peck me as I untied and released him (or her).
    Third cast; another kahawai. This one got off.
    On the forth cast I landed a second kahawai.
    The school was moving northwards up the coast at a good walking pace so that was it. Enormous fun!

yellowfin
    Participant

Been fishing the past week pretty hard, getting snapper mackerel gurnard kahawai of massive numbers a sting ray plus the usual school sharks gillers and skate , took today off from fishin but back to it tomorrow a mate got two Kingis yestersay

smells like fish
    Participant

maori fishing calender said bad .Tides were coming in and weather was looking ok so went out anyway.When I arrived a guy was pulling in a 15 odd pounder shark so was looking hopeful.
    Had a tail wind so could cast 80-90 m .First cast got a greyboy then 4 more then a small rig and a first while surfcasting got a flounder.
    Kept 1 20 pound greyboy (skinned and frozen ) and the flounder ,breakfast today.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 410 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members