2013 sping/summer surf catches.

Posted By troutfishernz On With 0 Comments
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 410 total)
  • Author
    chchlandbased
    Participant

yeah a few 4wds turned up last night gollyfish, lit a fire and were fishing/pissing up

oompalompa
    Participant

gollyfish

troutfishernz
    Participant

Just got back from fishing white road east of Temuka, Waste of bloody time about a dozen other guys there as well and not a single fish caught not even a Dogfish :mad:

yellowfin
    Participant

oompalompa

oompalompa
    Participant

I thought u meant you caught one. I know it happens thought there might be a trick. Just got back from amberly. Got a dogfish which more than I have aught in the past few years. Quiet otherwise. Few jokers further back ttowards amberly. I was by the golf club. I think they got something by the looks

shark slayer
    Participant

yes ollie its distgusting but very normal for this time of year..as soon as the word gets out that eles are around every fuckwit within a 100km radius is down there..unfortunately when spots become popular they get ruined and attract fucktards that are so stupid they cant figure out how to pick rubbish up.i only fish bayleys because its con my way home from work otherwise i would avoid it like the plague..was good when i hadthe quad because i could blast past the idiots and go up further..

Sevengillz
    Participant

Yeah the rubbish is a bastard , stinky old bags of squid n shit . Was only a fortnight ago I went two one of my spots and just got through the gate and here was a pile of shit old bottles and mc’donalds rubbish and shit . It was like the prick just opened all the doors on his car and cleaned it out right there on the track that takes ya down to the beach . I met a whitebaiter right in the middle of it as he was coming back up the track and noticed the silly prick that dumped the shit had left bills and payslips etc with his name on it. Turned out he was a local from just up the road and the whitebaiter happened to be his neighbour so we picked it all up and put on the back of his ute and he was off home to throw it over the neighbours fence . The halfwit lived with his parents apparently so he wouldve got a stir up. If i had found the shit first he woulda been getting a call from the council.
    Just pisses me right off when I go out the way to minimise the rubbish I take with me in the first place . Theres no plastic bags etc all my bait is keeped in snaplock container and everything else ends up back in the chilly bin.

yellowfin
    Participant

Went to Rangitata south side 50kmh nor west , sea flat as and the casts were just as far as they needed to be the eles started smashing the baits squid only this evening the kids Sam and Kaleb and i had a ball around 20 fish caught between six and 9pm all released except two males we kept for a tangata whenua feed tonite.
    On the menu is beer battered ele schoolie fillet and a little flounder and blue cod
    With Makikihi fries and salads.
    Cant wait

crabbedoff
    Participant

we took bikes out to bayleys Friday nite went down further heaps of greyboys only one worth filleting, three eles round 8 pound,a kahawhai and my mate got his first seven giller only bout 25 pound but dragged him down the beach a wee way,whats happened to the doggies that used to plague the beaches we didnt get one .not that im complaining

Duckman
    Participant

oompalompa

beameer
    Participant

:razz: went up the spit last evening a lot quieter than it has been only managed 3 and the bloke and his missus down from me got several conditions were nice after the wind dropped quite a few people about along the beach

HIPP
    Participant

Thanks for the heads up Beamer, I havent been able to make it down, my friend got two last night though on crab and mum and dad been the last couple of days but no joy for them sadly.

Well done to those that have been out there, I will give it a shot as soon as the conditons allow.

cheers, Hipp

Miliwolf
    Participant

I normally leave with more rubbish then I bring. Especially regarding Nylon. The last time I recovered a bunch of nylon I got rewarded with a free Spin-blade lure :grin:

Fished Claverley last night, arrived around 6pm and fished until midnight. Conditions were good, although the swells could have been a touch smaller. My first (and only) Rig was landed just as I was getting ready to cast out my second rod. The fishing was slow, a Doggy, a Skate a Doggy which vomited up a Cod which was hooked in its mouth. Got up sometime before 6am and fished for another hour but not even a nibble. Was hoping for a Ele but failed, but still a pleasant evening.

On the way down I saw a massive workup which basically stretched from Blue Slip to Kekerengu, it was so thick with birds I did not risk a cast. So just photographed them instead. On the way home I rediscovered the workup a few km further down the beach at a popular shark spot, had a few casts but they were to far from shore.

“>
    Fishing at night by Thomas J. Walsh, on Flickr

Also shot a few Butterfish this morning :)

oompalompa
    Participant

Stunning photo

Sevengillz
    Participant

Yeah thats a cool pic . Think I passed you about the Utuwai overpass this arvo , yellow kayak onboard? I headed down to Wharanui hopeful for a Moki but they were a no show. Wind was a bastard but the sea was clear and calm . Banged out mussel , crab and prawn there were no takers so I changed to the trusty old Trev and squid and quickly had 3 of the biggest doggies I have ever caught . Big fat females with stumps for spines . Also dragged in an Octopus that was wrapped around the BOS and hooked a legal cray so took something home in the end. Saw a few Kahawai harassing bait fish right on the waters edge and I see what you mean about the birds Milli they were everywhere and a constant stream of them flying nor-east along the beach and of course my lines happened to go straight through their highway they were on . None caught but there was a couple of hits. Fished until 10pm , went home with a cray.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 410 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members