2013 sping/summer surf catches.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 410 total)
  • Author
    HIPP
    Participant

S/S, if you cant catch em theres no point in any of us trying!!!! cheers, Hipp

fishforpot
    Participant

The kontiki guys are slaughtering them down Timaru way …Im picking an early morning mission later in the week could see a good catch of them

troutfishernz
    Participant

Very poor fishing for Elephants down here so far. heaps being got on kontikis as Fishforpot says but bugger all being caught surfcasting.

yellowfin
    Participant

Ive been catching them trout fisher u must be too busy slandering baby trout and flounder
    Pick a spot away from a mouth 2-5km and sandier the better i caught 4 13lb eles last night off the breakwater lol and im up to 13 off the beach on bait socked prawns.

beameer
    Participant

Hi guys the elle’s are not on my score board yet either S/S hope to get to bayleys on friday and sat night weather permitting only been out a couple of times lately xmas madness etc

troutfishernz
    Participant

Not a bad effort Rig_slasher, You’ve got more in a few weeks than Ive got in the last 3 years, never really done that well Surfcasting but always keep going back in hope of catching some.

Ive never heard of elephants around the breakwater, I might have to try there at some stage and target some Moki too. I got an Elephant off the rocks around Caroline bay a couple of years ago but some guy told me that they arnt normally caught there.

shark slayer
    Participant

thought you had been a bit quite beameer..4 13lbers..damn! hope you put a couple back..i got carried away last year and kept 20 for the season wich is pretty disgusting..mainly because i had the previous season off due to injury and i gwnt a bit carried away..this year i will limit myself and wont target them as much..apart from the fact that you shouldnt take many because of there spawning cycle i also hate killing them because they are just so damn cool and radical looking! i get guilt trips everytime i take one haha maybe im soft..anyway went out last night..just on dark i got hit but no hookup..uh oh its gonna be another one of those nights..but then a short while later i got smashed and the line went slaak..quickly wound it up fast and then felt the weght come on.. fuck yea! then my mates rod went over and we were both hooked up..i had an epic battle probably the best ele fight i have ever had..mine went 15lb my mates was 13..i tried to release mine as i hate taking big cows but she was to far gone after the big fight and had to be kept..we had a few more hits and my mate landed another around 9lb wich was released before calling it a night.

yellowfin
    Participant

big king tides right now!

shark slayer
    Participant

out again tonight..1 ele at 8lb for my mate and he dropped one..i got 3 and dropped another..kept one to give to my irish mate at work because it line wrapped the rest were succesfully released..ive got my mojo back :grin:

fishforpot
    Participant

Sounds like both the Kaikoura and Amberly fishing comps are on the same day this time around , with the tide being outgoing ..

These guys really need to sort their shit out if they expect good turn outs …

Miliwolf
    Participant

I never really understand why they make the two competitions clash so often. I suppose they are trying to get them in during the holiday period but they could still be a week apart.

shark slayer
    Participant

whats the date?

fishforpot
    Participant

Jan 5

crabbedoff
    Participant

bayleys for an over nighter tomorrow.it had better be swarming with eles! its been way to long since I could get out of work.
    its officialy now worth a go seems as tho mr slayer has nailed a few.good shit

HookLineSinker
    Participant

had a report from I guy I met on the beach tonight that there is ele’s on the Marlborough east coast.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 410 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.