2012 surf catches Spring/summer

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 731 total)
  • Author
    oompalompa
    Participant

Whats that black thing inthe middle

Duckman
    Participant

S/S, nice catch,

HIPP
    Participant

Thats black thing is a Blue Cod bro,,,you not seen one before?

yellowfin
    Participant

Will be back up Conway/kaikoura this coming weekend with the mrs, (she wants to go fishing again) Might go to kaikoura, not as much to catch at times but a greater range of fish, plus she can fish the wharf too if she wants,

oompalompa
    Participant

HIPP

yellowfin
    Participant

fished kaikora the weekend got 2 gurnard, 4 blu cod, 1 red cod off the yak….no moki !

HookLineSinker
    Participant

hi guys heading to kai’s with the boys tomorrow is it worth fishing with kids on the wharf or not. and what would be the likely catch during the day? any help appreciated thankx

Miliwolf
    Participant

Unless something fluky happens, The best day time catch from the wharf is probably Butterfish, although Moki can still be caught.

Hard to know if its worth fishing during the day, it can be awfully slow but every so often something surprising happens. Herrings are common around the wharf which are entertaining for children to catch.

shark slayer
    Participant

cheers guys..use some burley hls and the kids will have fun hooking lots of mullet..i find the general surfcasting in kaikoura to be really slow and boring..moki and red cod are probably the exception…the eles eggs are in the very early stages and havnt really started forming yet..at the moment first light and change of light in the evening is the time to fish..give it two or three weeks and the cows will feed hard during the day once there eggs start to begin forming properly…i may go up one more time this season..but then again i really should do a snapper trip..is the keneperu crowded as fudge over the easter hollidays mili???

shark slayer
    Participant

did you get any moki this morning olli??we fished kaikoura yesterday for about 2 hours yesterday but no moki were around..during the day tho..ollie was the wrasse king!haha smoked delicioussness aye mate :razz:

yellowfin
    Participant

yuuummmm, wrasse….fry them scales on for an interesting feed…crunchy on the outside soft in the middle…top fodder that!!!!
    no i didnt go today jo, spent most of the day cleaning the van! awesome.

shark slayer
    Participant

sounds radical haha..i may pop down for an evening shot tommorrow…

yellowfin
    Participant

i’m gonna av a go in the morning!

yellowfin
    Participant

too calm today!

yellowfin
    Participant

Off too kaikoura sat with the mrs now, will be chasing moki and what ever else is around, manage moki most times i go there, have been getting a lot during the middle of the day also , but not as many as early morning, will hit conway again in a few weeks, Footy next weekend then kaikoura for easter

Thomas will you be lurking around at all? flick me a text if you are, even considering the sounds at this stage

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 731 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.