2012 surf catches Spring/summer

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 731 total)
  • Author
    shark slayer
    Participant

good shit ollie..i said you would get one the next time haha :) an awesome fish the old moki..good scrappers and great eating..went out myself last night..got there late at 7.30pm..left my bait in the car so had to run back to grab it..the moki were on the bite strait away and a landed a small one second cast..then a birdlings local came by and we talked shit for an hour or so and i neglected my baiting up duties so didnt catch anymore..i was thinking this morning would have been primo..good conditions for them with a nice moderate swell and slight discolouration but didnt realy have the energy..went down for a look just now but it was to rough and windy..what time did you catch yours this morning ollie?

shark slayer
    Participant

just a wee moki last night..was going to head down this morning but was way to tired..may try again this eve..going out for a mako mish tommorrow.. :eek: :eek: should be interesting..

shark slayer
    Participant

not really surf fishing but i spend most of my time on here so thought i will post..tried fishing for fresh water perchtoday..caught 5 in 20mins..dropped them off for customary claim so my poki moaching dosnt get revoked haha :) then went back down and caught 10 let 5 go and kept five to try and see how good they are..really fun wee fish the bigger ones were pulling some line on a 10lb braid setup..cool looking to..its always nice to catch a new species…now i will need to think up some more annoying questions to ask ian..haha just joking!!!

fishforpot
    Participant

Took a carload to Kaikoura today “sorry Craig – full up” ….fishing was pretty hard going ….a bunch of small schoolies , 1 around 14lb ….3 skate , 3 kahawai , 2 mullet and 3 gurnard …bitten off twice …

Was windy at times , but comforyably fishable

yellowfin
    Participant

about 7.30 am ss, not much fishin for me this weekend cos i’m in recovery mode after beerfest!

shark slayer
    Participant

at least you got a few gurnard ffp.. i really need to get up there soon and have a go myself…
    yesterdays perch..biggest was 1.7lb

troutfishernz
    Participant

Nice perch Shark Slayer. Much nicer eating that Trout.
    Hoping to get into some Snapper soon once I get back up to Nelson in a couple weeks.

shark slayer
    Participant

cheers mate..i agree they are really good eating..much better than trout..had some for tea last night was real good..took the old man down today..i caught 5 he lost a couple..you have to wind into there strike and once you feel the weight gently lift your tip..if you strike to early or to hard you lose them..was a nice day :) couldnt go shark fishing there was a swell running and lots of fog..maybe next weekend.

oompalompa
    Participant

where did you get the perch, was it out of halswell

shark slayer
    Participant

if your interested in catching them oompaloompa let me know and i will take you for a fish…had an interesting eve fish..went to birdlings the other day and some lady was walking her dog.. i had mine with me and he went over wanting to play..this silly woman went all spazoid and started spazzing out and i said its okay he is freindly and called him off..she just pulled her dog an stormed off..what a retard i thought..anyhow went down this eve and i hop out of my car with the pooch and this lady is there again…oh got your dog free range again do you you wanker she says..i was like what are you on about my dog is freindly as i aint chaining him up all the locals like him..he tried to attack my dog..pfft no he didnt he walked over wanting to play..f you you wanker your dogs a mongrel blah blah your an asshole..haha i just laughed at her and said if anyone shoul be on a leash its you..so she storms off..i went down for a fish..no moki tonight but got a couple of good hits that didnt hook up..get back to my car and she had written CONTROL YOUR DOG..on the dust on the back of my car..hahahaha what a phsycho..i was talking to a local and he said she has been on neighbours from hell haha that made my night..classic!

yellowfin
    Participant

you baggin my mother mate?? lol Jokes sounds like that woman needs to be in hillmorton, i do remember a neighbour from hell at birdlings a while ago lol

HIPP
    Participant

Went to the west coast for the weekend, got a nice feed of green lip mussels, fished and fished, all tides lights and baits, we managed one small flonder caught on the red cotton (guess he thought it was a worm) released, a mullet on mussel….and I got a Kahawai on cooked prawn at the last moment, I got him curing ready for the smoker Thursday……no hunting as buggerd my back trying to ride a trail bike on the beach for the first time….not good in the soft sand…hoping the packed stones of our beahes will be easier…I will give it a try once recoverd.Cheers, Hipp

oompalompa
    Participant

sounds like your getting old bro

yellowfin
    Participant

Had the first surfcast for over a week this morning and its good to see some rig are still about in marlborough.
    Caught 3 rig on crab at about one every 40 mins.Tallys up to 65 rig for the season so its the best season i
    have ever had.Waiting for the water to clear to get another dive or two in.

shark slayer
    Participant

sorry ginga didnt know she was your mum haha :) ..good stuff there socky…should be rig around up those ways for a while yet..i can get them all year round up here..went for a wee perch fish tonight..caught seven odd..kept one for a feed..real good eating they pretty much taste like snapper..fresh fish for din dins

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 731 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.