2012 surf catches Spring/summer

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 731 total)
  • Author
    gunnercoops
    Participant

great moki SS.

shark slayer
    Participant

cheers gunner…nice wee kahawai there ian..my favourite fish..i thought i saw blood stains on the beach…what time you heading down tommorrow ollie?may come down..

HookLineSinker
    Participant

shark slayer

shark slayer
    Participant

haha..cheers hls..been thinking the same myself..but hopefully this weekend i will earn my shark slayer stripes again gonna head out and target a mako..all geared up and ready to rock’n’roll..have wanted to catch one forever..they are just so damn powerful and awesome looking..they make great whites look like pussys haha :razz:

croozer
    Participant

nothing makes white sharks seem like pussies ss…they use makos for tooth picks….good luck with your quest, just be careful when landing makos as they will attack and thier teeth are literally razor sharp. i found the use of tuna/fish oil to be very benificial in conjunction with your burley/chum….cheers

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

S/S we have been thinking about revoking your entry permit to te mata-hapuku unless you change your moniker to poki moacher- :grin: :grin: :grin:

odd schools of kahawai chasing wee tiny schools of baitfish..very much a rush thing grab a spinner and chase them along the beach

now would be perfect for balloon livebaiting..ie some big splashes out there… :grin:

Duckman
    Participant

Should of gone to kaikoura today but weather said rain pfff wtf ever, might go to the mac after lunch but then its too far just for a couple of hours lol. Kaikoura tomorrow, moki/gurnard target species

yellowfin
    Participant

yeah ss, should be over there by 7….hopefully!

Miliwolf
    Participant

Idelic evening on the rocks in the sounds tonight, just I waiting for the first snapper. Despite lack of rain water is quite dirty.

Update; Great, not so idyllic now, it has started to spit. Wind also picked up slighly…. Nearly 8:30 and sun sitting so snapper might start feeding….
    PO

yellowfin
    Participant

too rough over at cliffs tonight will be there at 5 am!

shark slayer
    Participant

yeap to rough tonight..good luck mili show us a snaps…your dead right croozer i was just meaning makos look gnarlier i just love the look of them but obviously great whites kick more ass…tommorrow morning will be the go i will see you there ollie.. :)

Miliwolf
    Participant

Five landed, full report when I get home. Getting nibbles…… Must go soon or I would be swimming back
    edit: Report in morning or after work…

shark slayer
    Participant

went down with ollie this morning..still a bit rough and maybe to much swell put the moki off the bite a bit..i only managed 2 small moki wich were quickly released..ollie has moki fever now tho so he will score one next time…a few dolphins working the surf..nice morning :)

shark slayer
    Participant

one of the moki decided it was a flounder and swam out through the surf on its side skimming across the surface haha.

yellowfin
    Participant

nice morning on the beach, no moki for me, but vow to keep at them till i’ve got it sussed!

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 731 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.