2012 surf catches Spring/summer

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 731 total)
  • Author
    oompalompa
    Participant

HIPP

shark slayer
    Participant

i think you might be onto something there hipp..i have found getting shitfaced drunk before a fishing session or during to be super productive..and if you dont get anything at least something amusing is bound to happen…been chilling out last couple of days..went out 14km off the heads of my bay to check some territory out and plan big things yesterday..the kayak crew came out..ollie(gollyfish) and his mate(forgot your name bro) i think you know them mili…not much happening on the fish front for them but there was a group of us had a camp fire and some of ollies homebrew was consumed and shit was talked..(that homebrew was real nice)i chucked out a bait and got a nice rig around 20-22lb..wich i gave away and also foul hooked a few big crays while the rig was on haha..cheers for the pm ffp..i may head out tommorrow after a job interveiw…here is one of the moki i got the other day..

Miliwolf
    Participant

Wait, did they kayak 14km off the heads to? :shock:

gunnercoops
    Participant

Just back from Birdlings, less said about the fishing the better, but Birdlings, you are a gentleman for the lift back, and your moki…YUM. Thanks. Look forward to seeing you down there again.

shark slayer
    Participant

i meant they came out to the bay not 14km out though haha..still did a good 10-15k of paddling that day tho i reckon…very keen.. :)

oompalompa
    Participant

s/s did you hook those crays in th rig spot?

shark slayer
    Participant

na mate..i was just joking my rig swam into some divers holding pot an i wound in the pot,3big crays inside and my 20plus pound rig haha man it was heavy..bailed on kaikoura the forecast looked shit..went down for a moki tonight in the southerly churn..i couldnt keep a bait in the water..landed 6 or 7 moki 3 nice 5lbers rest i put back and lost 3 others one was real big …nearly got claimed by a big wave..here are some photos…

there are crays all along there though oompaloompa but it takes a nutter to dive there..just to dangerous

Miliwolf
    Participant

Went out for a evening Moki fish in a spot which has produced occasionally in the pass, and blanked. Should really have driven a bit further but was feeling lazy.

oompalompa
    Participant

yeah i wont go in with those 7gillers cruzing around like they do but if i forget to tell the wife bout them and let her go for a dive……whats the term.. acceptable losses haha. nah not worth it. dont trust em. i will try the other side , have pursched a spear gun ( cheers bro) and will be looking for some butters

yellowfin
    Participant

fished kaikoura yesterday, wasnt too good , but got a couple moki, 43 and 53 cm couple congers and few school shark, only one doggy thank god

Miliwolf
    Participant

Where abouts in Kaikoura did you fish?

Did you try for Carrots?

yellowfin
    Participant

No just fished whalewatch, thought of heading north more but didnt

yellowfin
    Participant

i’m going to try for that moki tomorrow night down at the cliffs ss.
    ss, although the beer did nothing for the fishing, it did cheer grant and i up a bit, was a great night, learned heaps from you guys!

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

din dins this evening.. :grin:

Participant

Shot out last night to pines beach for couple hours managed 2 good eles and ky …
    Upon arriving last night noticed couple guys who had been kontiki fishing were filleting some eles on the beach, shit they were big fish must have been at least around 1meter in length each, bloody horses lol …

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 731 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.