2012 surf catches Spring/summer

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 731 total)
  • Author
    Miliwolf
    Participant

I prefer cleaner, rather then dirtier water for Snapper. I don’t know what what Snapper prefer….

I finish work around 3:15pm… Assuming I slack off at 3pm, I doubt I would be on the road before 3:30pm. On a good day it takes 3 1/2 hours to drive to Christchurch, and another say 45 minutes to Birdlings flat. So allowing 4 1/2 hours driving time, I should arrive at the beach around 8pm. So should have enough time to fish the change of light.

Its been nearly 10 years since I fished down that way, But with conditions calm, I might bring my short rock rods rather then surf rods. These same nice looking points around Banks Peninsula, like the look of the ones either side of Stony Bay. Also like the look of Hammerhead point. Could easily spend a decade fishing spots around Banks Peninsula and then would only have scratched the surface.

HookLineSinker
    Participant

The results of an evenings fishing on Monday, caught on paddle crab
    caught on pilchard

caught on fresh kahawai

Miliwolf
    Participant

I recognize these cliffs. good catches HLS.

yellowfin
    Participant

Nice wee giller there, and good grey

Miliwolf
    Participant

nearly 9 oclock and I done absolutely no packing or organizing… guess I would not be heading south. Just been to hot to do anything. I hate summer.

yellowfin
    Participant

knew you more than likely wouldnt make it down!!!

Miliwolf
    Participant

The fiery ginga

shark slayer
    Participant

sounds like me mili..should head up to the sounds for snaps….ah cant be fd..nice catch there hls..went for a moki this morning..birdlings came down..nice morning got 4 moki and dropped a 5th wich was a goodie was to busy seeing if ian was filming and let the line go slack haha..went to birdlings art gallery after and found out not only is ian a top fisherman and bloke but a fine artist…then out came the moki raw dish..moki was my second favourite eating fish but now it may be the top..damn that shit is good..heading out in the morning gonna try a few techniques..here is todays moki

Miliwolf
    Participant

Nice Moki, I must get out for a Moki fish, have not caught one since probably September.

I might still head down…. problem is the weather is so good that I want to fish so many places. If I get serious would have everything packed in about 20 minutes.

shark slayer
    Participant

yeap the weather is insanely good everywhere i have big ideas for tommorrow but we will see gonna have a moki sesh in the morning first..birdlings snuck a wee video of the tail end of one of my moki battles this morning the link is on the previous page ..need to get some sleep in now..good luck if you try mili..

yellowfin
    Participant

have not been for a cast for about 3 weeks startin to feel sick lol might ave to get out this weekend, and waitangi day then after that have a week or so off to explore

shark slayer
    Participant

i can only go 3 days tops without a fish ginga haha..went out this morning the moki were on an off the bite quickly but still managed 3 let one go..experimenting with bait at the moment for good results..one of them became a raw moki dish..i invented my own and it was real good i have already eaten all of it..damn that stuff is good i am now fully addicted will have to head out in the morning..its the only time i can fish at the moment its to damn hot the rest of the day..

shark slayer
    Participant

cheers for the recipe bf..brown sugar was what i missed..i wondered where the sweetness came from..the next brew will be even better! :)

Birdlingsflat
    Participant
    yellowfin
    Participant

Lol shark slayer my job doesnt really allow me to do that, usually fucked when i wake up and after work too tired lol though at this stage may have the week after next off so will get some in then at place i may not go often

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 731 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.