2012 surf catches Spring/summer

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 731 total)
  • Author
    shark slayer
    Participant

cheers birdlings..goo to see you on here again cheif..you didn’t come down for a moki the other day i am gonna head to the cliffs this evening im going past there anyway..hopefully can beat the numerous f wits that are fishing there at the moment to my spot..some dude was down there the other day..taking undersized mokes and left his smashed beer bottle there..but hey you get that shit at the beach..dropped a snapper yesterday morning..was a goodie the bait was cooked prawn again so yeap there is definitely more than one..got no time to go into detail got to get going..i am gonna try livebaiting this week aswell ffp for kingis conditions are perfect all week..

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

may pop down..depending on how I feel,,didnt pop down the other night for a doz reasons..although did this morning..in a slightly newer spot..thats another story..cheers S/S :grin: (secret service)lol
    :grin:

fishforpot
    Participant

Watching the forcast with interest SS ……thinking about a fish in one of the bays on your side come the weekend …

aint fished on that side for maybe 15yrs

shark slayer
    Participant

lots of blue cod in the bays at the mo ffo…water is super clean and flat ass today..rest of the week should be much the same…just 2 blue cod and 4 red cod this morning..went for a moki with bf last night..nothing doing..will try the tire spot this eve..come down and i will show you how the secret service catch moki birdlings haha :)

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

I think i have already been outdone :grin:

Miliwolf
    Participant

Catching a Snapper in Canturbury has to be one of the hardest fishing challenges to meet, comparable to catching a grouper from the NZ mainland.

With Snapper numbers slowly recovering in the Sounds, then over the coming years numbers caught might start to increase. Almost tempted to head down to Banks peninsula to try and catch one..

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

I will neither confirm nor deny I caught one tonight :grin:

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

this mornings effort..SABAKI

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

Birdlingsflat
    Participant

shark slayer
    Participant

wicked shit there badlings..may have to pop down tommorrow morning..havnt had a decent moki fish for two days now the old man is out here pestering me to take him diving..grrr wasted good weather

shark slayer
    Participant

i can neither confirm or deny that i caught two wrasse last night haha…come down to canty and show us how its done mili…

Miliwolf
    Participant

Think I might head down to Christchurch Friday, then fish Banks peninsula that night/morning then onto Shags point Saturday for kayak fishing. Then spend Monday/Tuesday trout fishing inland.
    Would need to study the wind charts a bit more.

shark slayer
    Participant

friday is looking good mili..the water out here is crazy clean and dead flat…not sure if that is good for snapper or not…gonna head out for an early morning moki mish i think….

Birdlingsflat
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 731 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.